Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit that the whole time I was researching the Bolt and using PlugShare to plot out road trips that I wasn't aware of the difference between CHAdeMO and CCS chargers. Trips that I once thought had a dozen or so DC Fast chargers available along the way only have 1 or 2, and now I have range anxiety. The longest trip I ever make in a car is approximately 310 miles (one way, once or twice a year, with days between driving to and driving from) from MA to DE and I'd like to avoid renting a car for that trip. Is the Bolt no longer a good fit for me? Does anyone do trips of similar length without trouble? I know that some see renting a car as a solution, but I'd prefer that the car I am spending a lot of money on be capable of handling the trips that I know I will make.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made an additional mistake: I was only looking at chargers in the ChargePoint network. There are some more available if I also look at EVgo. The situation is not as bleak as it once looked! The thing I don't really understand, though, is if it's possible to use these chargers a la carte or if I need to have a monthly plan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
EVGo has a Flex plan that costs $5 to sign up for then $5/session + $0.20/min. That's what I will be using for my 1200 mile trek I'm planning. It makes sense for me with the limited amount I would be using a level 3 charger.

Also it took me a couple of sessions with PlugShare to figure out you can filter out the types of chargers shown, under options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Dadrick. The flex plan sounds like what I want since I will only need these types of chargers a few times per year.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I made an additional mistake: I was only looking at chargers in the ChargePoint network. There are some more available if I also look at EVgo.
What are you using to search for chargers? The PlugShare app or web site is the best resource - for your searches you just have to set it to filter results by the "CCS" plug type and it will find all registered chargers regardless of what network they're on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts