Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

It seems I started a mini Bolt-volution north of Toronto...
Once I had my dealership bring my Bolt from Québec, they decided to keep this going, for whatever reason, they liked it and they saw it worked...

You read it right: there is one more Bolt, just like the one I picked up on January 29th, Bolt EV Premium, late 2017 model (2LZ series), Nightfall Grey, brand new available for delivery within a week.

Anyone in the Toronto area truly interested? Send me a pvt message and I will provide the dealership contact. It is located 80km north of downtown Toronto.

Serious replies only please. To be clear - I am not getting anything out of this, but I love the car so much I truly would like this car to have an owner. They sent me a message last night that I just saw now, and I decided to help.

Reactions: Cehjun

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow. Great opportunity. I have to wait until April (one year) in order to keep my gov’t incentive. Otherwise I’d sell my red Premier right now to my next door neighbour who wants it, on a tax deal trade-in for that nightfall.

Goes to show, until the Feds get seriously involved given ON & PQ are all over the place on incentives and ZEV law. There’ll be arbitrage opportunities like this until GM decides to step in.

Let me guess: Georgian in Barrie ? a fine dealership indeed. Coming from perhaps Bourgeois Chev in Rawdon PQ ? (biggest EV dealer in Canada).

This summer I’ll sign up to drive new Bolt EV’s from PQ to ON. Taking only a few days (leisurely thru northern central ON w/ a few stops for some fishin’) as opposed to the two weeks it takes GM to ship.
;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Great opportunity. I have to wait until April (one year) in order to keep my gov’t incentive.
... Let me guess: Georgian in Barrie ? a fine dealership indeed. Coming from perhaps Bourgeois Chev in Rawdon PQ ? (biggest EV dealer in Canada).

Great opportunity indeed. I was going to buy this one as well for my spouse but we decided to wait until we move which will be happening sometime this year and be able to keep two EVs in a 2 car garage...
Nope, not Barrie... LOL

Reactions: Cehjun

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hmm. It’s a head scratcher for sure. Georgian is 83 km from Eglinton & Yonge. New Roads in Newmarket is 63 km from Dundas & Yonge. Wait… I’ve got it. Paul Sadlon is just 10 clicks further than Georgian ! When I checked with them 14 months ago they said they’re Bolt-authorized but had zero (0) allocation. Thus they’d be motivated to “import” from PQ ?

No response required.
;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You know what I am most amazed? I thought people would jump at this opportunity. I guess my optimism in relation to EV adoption is mostly in my head! LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am interested in this if it’s still available?
Sorry about the delay! Sent you a pvt msg about an hour ago.
Yes I believe it is. Good luck!
And let us know if you get it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry about the delay! Sent you a pvt msg about an hour ago.
Yes I believe it is. Good luck!
And let us know if you get it.
2017 Bolt EV build & price on chevrolet.com (USA) shows $2k* credit off MSRP
*- at least for the Buffalo NY city hall zip code I put in.

2017 Bolt EV build & price on gm chevrolet.ca (Canada) shows $0 credit

>> cheap buggers in Oshawa eh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2017 Bolt EV build & price on chevrolet.com (USA) shows $2k* credit off MSRP
*- at least for the Buffalo NY city hall zip code I put in.

2017 Bolt EV build & price on gm chevrolet.ca (Canada) shows $0 credit

>> cheap buggers in Oshawa eh.
Not sure it makes sense to buy from the states without additional incentives. 2k isn’t enough, still pay tax and import fees. Not to mention I have to drop the whole amount on it in usd.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys! THE CAR SOLD TODAY

Hope one of you snatched it lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did, pat told me it was sold in the morning.
Awww too bad. I thought it was you... oh well, I’m sure you’ll find what you want soon :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Could a mod move this to the appropriate "regional" thread? Thx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts