Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Awaiting Delivery

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  MrsMelanie 
#1 ·
My Bolt Premier (Orange Burst Metallic) was built on 1/27 and is in transit from Detroit! Can't wait to get hold of it!

Currently driving a Cadillac ELR, and before that a 2013 Volt. Now with the larger battery, I can go full electric.

Dealer says "several weeks" for the train trip from Orion Assembly to Toledo Ohio, and then to Milpitas, where it switches to truck, and finally to the dealership. So I am hoping February is the month!

#5 ·
Very surprised we have an ELR owner on the forum. Throughout all the years its been on the market i've come across probably one this whole time aside from the shows.

How do you like the ELR? Do you feel like it lived up to what a Cadillac Coupe should be?

#6 ·
ELR experience

HI,

Love the ELR! All the technical specs of the Volt in a sexy body. I have always been partial to two door coupes. When the ELR came out, I was immediately hooked. Lease is a tad expensive, but I think the car has been worth it. 39 months up in April. So hoping the new Bolt arrives prior to that!

Tracking via Union Pacific, and it seems to be in Nevada today. Heading (I think) to City of Industry CA. Then it'll come up the coast to Milpitas, where it goes on to a truck and then to the dealership. So maybe by the end of the month? Hoping.

#8 ·
LOL - yes, indeed. Gonna miss those bits. BUT the whole idea (for me) is to go all electric. And all that was out there at the time was the Model S and for THAT amount of money, I opted for the flash of the Cadillac! So now, it's back to earth with the Bolt, but all electric, and with enough range to be suitable as an only car. Occasional trips to Napa always required use of the gasoline in the Volt or the ELR....

#9 ·
Transit Update...

Tracking indicates the car (or at least the RailCar in which my car is supposed to be located) has passed through Benecia California this morning. It's bound for City of Industry Ca. which is in the southern end of the state, and I'm in the San Francisco area. Benecia is just across the bay from me! No clue why they'd route the railcar that way, but at least I can be fairly confident that the car is at least in California now...

I figure it will arrive tomorrow morning in Industry (UP says 8:00am) and then I'll guess it'll sit there for a couple days while they shuffle cars and make trains. Then it'll head back up north via the coast railroad route and should arrive Milpitas by the end of the week. Then most likely will sit another couple days while they sort out which cars go on which trucks to which dealers, and then it's on to my dealership. So end of February isn't unrealistic. I hope. :)

Not too bad, I guess. I was pre-order #51 at my dealership, and placed the order on December 7th. I imagine most of the Chevy dealerships in California had similar back logs of pre orders. Some of the mega dealerships in SoCal may have had hundreds!

#12 ·
You will need to find out the Railcar information from the Dealer. They have access to that via their Workbench Order Management system. Once you have that info, you can see what Railroad company has the railcar, and it's ID number, and then there is a number you can call for "automated trace" and it will tell you where the railcar is. Or more accurately, where it has most recently passed through. Are you in California? Most likely Union Pacific if that's the case. Of course there are always the delays when the the railcar is sitting on a siding or something, and then no movement for awhile. Not accurate, but at least it's something besides just tapping one's fingers and waiting for a call from the dealer....

#13 ·
Eureka! Railcar is now classified as "Unloaded/Empty" ! So my car is sitting in Milpitas awaiting a truck to bring it to the dealer. Wonder how long that will take? i've asked the dealer to see if they can get an ETA but haven't heard back yet. One would think that they'd expedite this process as much as possible, as those cars all represent money that's just sitting around. So we'll see!

#17 ·
My first Volt was from Putnam. Nice young man started working with me, then turned me over to another SALESman and I felt quite intimidated by the whole thing. Then the ELR came out, so I went to Stewart Chevrolet/Cadillac (very close to where I work) and they were wonderful. I inquired via email to several dealerships in the bay area about pricing on the ELR, and the usual response was "come on in and we can talk" Stewart gave me a price. So they got the sale.

Good luck on getting your car this weekend! That would be super cool.

Till then we are at the mercy of the trucking company, I guess..... :(

#20 ·
It usually takes them a day or two to do PDI and prepare it for you, if they come across any issues that need to be handled before sending it off to you, the wait might be longer.
So that being the case you might want to ask to see it once the dealership takes possession.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.