Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd have stopped off at almost any auto parts store and ran the OBD2 on it.

Sure glad China had nothing to do with covid.
Why should I do that? You think O'Reilly auto parts has any clue? GM doesn't and a grease monkey at auto parts store sure doesn't. Sorry but I am a little pissed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Why should I do that? You think O'Reilly auto parts has any clue? GM doesn't and a grease monkey at auto parts store sure doesn't. Sorry but I am a little pissed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. Last night saw my 2013 Volt 0 still going strong. My son-in-law was telling me about his recent trip to the store when he arrived home with 2 miles to spare in the battery. That car has been a great car. My Bolt has been absolutely trouble free. I look at LG for the battery problems. It is very telling when GM QC has to tell LG how to handle their battery manufacture problem. Bolt is my city car, I have another vehicle that is for trips and hauling stuff but its not fun to drive like the Bolt. Having owned several VWs over the years, they are not a great manufacturer - too many problems from interior surfaces that got gummy and pealed, carpet that smelled like crayons, turbo motors that died and other problems. Solid cars that drove very nicely but needed too much maintenance and died prematurely.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Still love the Volt. 120k on it and still reliable. Dealership would rather do an oil change than fix an EV problem.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not sure about where you folks live but every auto parts place here has a free OBD scanner that they will let you plug in and in a few seconds you come back with some report of why "service immediately light " lit.

Not magic, just scanner.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,965 Posts
Nope. Just showed up. Last time had to replace high voltage relay. Did power cycle 4 times. Not going to screw around with the current issues. Have zero confidence right now. Might be an over reaction but not sure what my options are right now.
I've heard that power cycling 10 times very quickly will reset the error code, and then you can see if the error returns. There have been other reports of a "service vehicle soon" false positive after the original "final remedy" software update.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Will let GM decide that. Have had 4 recalls since 2017. I shouldn't have to reboot car like a Windows system.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you have Onstar service you should be able to call them for the code. Without knowing what it is, it's hard to say if it's actually indicative of certain danger. I've had quite a few codes come and go on my Bolt.
This one was the most annoying:
Computer Gadget Font Vehicle Personal luxury car

Notice anything missing next to L? When it said reduced, I didn't think it meant to zero.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dealer called today. ECM is bad. Of course no parts available. Will call me tomorrow with eta for parts.

• Sad
Reactions: cwerdna and stvstb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had to make a 130 mile trip today so I charged to 100% for the first time in months last night. Car had charged to 232 on GOM. Stop to get a drink and a snack and service immediately light came on when started. Drove back home parked car and waited a while and started again got same light. Drove to closes dealer and they took car and said we will call you at the earliest Thursday and did I need an Uber home. No loaners available. Saw 4 other Bolts parked by service area and they looked like they had been there a while. Called my GM rep and got voicemail. Polestar 2 looks better everyday.
What light came on?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I think they broke your ECM and trying to cover their tracks.
Why? Said they tried to re-flash and it failed multiple times. Not sure what tracks you refer too. Second major component to fail in 4.5 years. Is covered under warranty. Just going to have to wait.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Also no call today from dealer but that's not a surprise. Of course radio silence from my concierge. Rental gets returned Saturday so hopefully I have it back.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts