Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I trust that the dealer was clever enough to test the 12V battery, or attempt the re-flash with a different power source. That would be my first guess at the cause for such a problem. I'm sorry that you've had 2 failures in 4 years, but that doesn't seem that outrageous to me. Glad for you that they are both covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
12 Volt battery was replaced when high voltage relay failed in late 2018. I would have checked that to but in their hands now. Maybe the issue. Having to sit outside in blazing AZ summer sure isn't helping. Batteries don't last here too long. By that I mean 12 volt ones. Just going to wait and see.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I should have put 😁 on my comment.

It's real hard sometimes to decide how something failed. Sadly the dealer may not be upfront and ever say they broke something. ECU's do fail but it is kinda rare. I'd say you were lucky that it could move at all.

I've never had any OEM 12v batteries last past the car warranty in Texas.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Parts due in next Thursday.

Reactions: GJETSON

·
Registered
165 Posts
My Exclamation point warning light popped on halfway back to work the day I picked up my used 2017 delivery from the Dodge dealer. I borrowed a scanner and found codes in the powertrain ecu. There were other innocuous codes in the car as well and I actually scanned the car the previous day, before committing on the deal, and the powertrain codes were not there so I don't think it was a matter of them just clearing the codes right before I picked up the car to get it over the curb. I cleared the codes and went for a long drive to see if I wanted to take it back but it hasn't come back in 2,000 miles. The car had been sitting on various dealer lots and auction sites from May to September before I bought it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Stopped in the dealer today to check on status. Still same part might be in tomorrow. There is mine and 3 other Bolts in the repair area. All of them are Kinetic Blue and all are filthy dirty. Is the blue a bad omen? Two look like they have been there for awhile. Tried to talk to service rep about battery replacement recall but he knows nothing and said it took 4 years to get airbag repairs done....Still nothing from buyback for 3 weeks. Buyback started mid July. Hoping to get reimbursed for 2 week rental at $600.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well part came in at 3 pm today. No Bolt tech until Wednesday next week. So another week without my car. Another $300 on a rental and still radio silence from my concierge. Can wait to hear about battery replacement nightmares. You think there would be more than 1 tech with EV training. Dude is going to be real busy soon.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts