Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premium
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 26 mile (each way) work commute is on mostly 45 mph speed limit roads. Some is 50 and a little bit is 35. In nice weather, I generally average just above or below 5 miles/kWh. Traffic this week has been unusually bad with lots of 10 mph under the limit conga lines. Yesterday, I think I set a record.

Here's my total for the drive home after charging to 80% at work.
Font Gadget Technology Electronic device Screenshot

This is the high point at almost half way home just before traffic got better.
Font Gadget Screenshot Technology Electronic device

This is the history when I got home. I don't remember ever seeing the scale stretch to 16 mi.kWh.
Audio equipment Line Font Parallel Electronic device

As you can see, the temperature was about perfect. Speeds were mostly in the sweet spot. My travel was all either to the north or to the west. Winds were from the SSW at about 7 mph.

Side note: After charging to 80% the GOM was predicting 267 miles. After about 10 miles of driving, the GOM had not only not gone down, it went up to 270 miles. LOL!!

Color me impressed with this car. :love:

· Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
5,346 Posts
...What app do you use to get video from the phone to the car?
This is a "hack" so use at your own risk: I use the Fermata app for Android Auto. For full functionality, it requires root and sideloading which creates some security exposure on your Android phone. Again, use at your own risk and only if you're technically comfortable with rooting / sideloading apps:

Benefits are that it gives you the ability to play audio and video from your phone on the main infotainment screen, as well as YouTube videos and a web browser. It does not mirror your phone screen like some other solutions would.

I don't know of any natively supported way of playing video on the Bolt's infotainment screen.

· Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier: sold back to GM Jan ‘23
2,677 Posts
I don't know of any natively supported way of playing video on the Bolt's infotainment screen.
There is none. It violates federal law to have video playing within the vision of a driver while in motion. It's legal when parked, but they still don't allow it. Tesla does allow watching video on their screen when parked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts