Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 has a battery pack that was made in March of 2017. I bought the car in July of 2017, and I would charge the car every night with my JuiceBox. However, I drove a little more between charges late last month, and I received "propulsion power reduced" while on the freeway.

I received propulsion power reduced around 30 kWh, and the car died after only 31 kWh/140 miles. I was told it was a code 60 or something (faulty cell).

Apparently, I have a new battery in my car, and I wanted to know how many kWh did you receive before your car battery required recharging? Was it well below the 50 kWh, much less 58 or so?

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
My 2017 has a battery pack that was made in March of 2017. I bought the car in July of 2017, and I would charge the car every night with my JuiceBox. However, I drove a little more between charges late last month, and I received "propulsion power reduced" while on the freeway.

I received propulsion power reduced around 30 kWh, and the car died after only 31 kWh/140 miles. I was told it was a code 60 or something (faulty cell).

Apparently, I have a new battery in my car, and I wanted to know how many kWh did you receive before your car battery required recharging? Was it well below the 50 kWh, much less 58 or so?
You had a battery with one or more low capacity cells. A full 100% charge should allow pulling at least 57 kWh from the battery before the car stops.

https://youtu.be/rg1TQoiT3KY?t=1681

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
This problem, while (supposedly) rare, has been documented on this site more than once. If you look around, you should be able to find them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.