Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This AM I got a notice via OnStar that I needed to get a software update to my battery system. The notice said that it was to solve the issue of not indicating the proper remaining range when the battery is about depleted. I had the update done and as far as I know, all went well. However, all of my customising of the charging schedule was lost. Not a big deal but, if you rely on the car for daily transportation, it could mess up your charging routine. My home location was lost and as such my scheduling was lost also.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
This AM I got a notice via OnStar that I needed to get a software update to my battery system. The notice said that it was to solve the issue of not indicating the proper remaining range when the battery is about depleted. I had the update done and as far as I know, all went well. However, all of my customising of the charging schedule was lost. Not a big deal but, if you rely on the car for daily transportation, it could mess up your charging routine. My home location was lost and as such my scheduling was lost also.
Wait! You saw the notice this AM, and were able to get an appointment for today, and they knew what you were talking about? i saw the notice Thursday, and called my dealer. They had no information. I rode my bike over there yesterday, and they looked again...no information from GM. They said they would let me know when something showed up. :-(

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I knew it! This is why I'll never program these types of systems. If I can't save my configuration to a secondary device, I don't give it the time of day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait! You saw the notice this AM, and were able to get an appointment for today, and they knew what you were talking about? i saw the notice Thursday, and called my dealer. They had no information. I rode my bike over there yesterday, and they looked again...no information from GM. They said they would let me know when something showed up. :-(
Yep. I have a great dealer and they always bend over backwards to make sure that all of their customers have a good experience with both sales and service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.