Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any way to tell battery heater on besides my charger on wall saying power on ? i have car set to charge before 3am so car was fully charged . Also it is 30deg in GA and I notice I don't get my normal 250mile range now i am down to 235 with cabin heat OFF sort of what happened with my Nissan leaf in cold weather .
I went to my chevy portal to check if it said battery heat on but all it said fully charged .
Also I just went out to check something with car still plugged in and i turned it on and charger went on again for 5 min.
I'm guessing its the battery heat ? just like to know if any way to tell battery heat is on ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I did that but today it had 0% for each cause it states since last charge which was last nite . I'll check that the next morning i leave .
When i turned car on it was plugged in and started charging even thou i have it set for departure charging so i must be conditioning
the battery ? my heat was turned off . Just learning the idiosyncrasies of this chevy Bolt during cold winter season , my Nissan leaf only used to charge overnite when I decided to plug it in. This Bolt I guess it better to keep plugged in all the time when it is under 35-40 deg .
Another thing I live in GA north of Atlanta and I have not seen a single chevy Bolt on the road besides mine and there are ton's of
Nissan Leafs cause folks bought the leaf when there was a $6000 GA credit back in 2011 on and I bought mine in 9/2014 .
I forgot when that $6000 ran out in 2015 or 16 . I just thought I would be seeing a lot of chevy Bolts on the road but so far nothing.
All I see are few Tesla's model S and X and tons of the Leafs / I know my cars ! No one has even questioned me about my chevy Bolt in a parking lot or anywhere . I still recall my 2004 Toyota prius that i waited a year for delivery in NY ( MT car of the year in 2004)
and folks used to stop me all the time in shopping parking lot to check out my hybrid prius / I would drive it around all in electric mode .

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I guess it better to keep plugged in all the time when it is under 35-40 deg .

I still recall my 2004 Toyota prius that i waited a year for delivery in NY ( MT car of the year in 2004)
and folks used to stop me all the time in shopping parking lot to check out my hybrid prius / I would drive it around all in electric mode .
Yup. Leave it plugged in all winter. And next summer when it's over 85 F too.

'Lectricky cars are old news now. Nobody cares. Gas is cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts