Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any way to tell battery heater on besides my charger on wall saying power on ? i have car set to charge before 3am so car was fully charged . Also it is 30deg in GA and I notice I don't get my normal 250mile range now i am down to 235 with cabin heat OFF sort of what happened with my Nissan leaf in cold weather .
I went to my chevy portal to check if it said battery heat on but all it said fully charged .
Also I just went out to check something with car still plugged in and i turned it on and charger went on again for 5 min.
I'm guessing its the battery heat ? just like to know if any way to tell battery heat is on ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
At the home screen in the center you will see a circular graph that displays power used for driving, cabin heating and battery maintenance. Click on it and you will see % of each.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I did that but today it had 0% for each cause it states since last charge which was last nite . I'll check that the next morning i leave .
When i turned car on it was plugged in and started charging even thou i have it set for departure charging so i must be conditioning
the battery ? my heat was turned off . Just learning the idiosyncrasies of this chevy Bolt during cold winter season , my Nissan leaf only used to charge overnite when I decided to plug it in. This Bolt I guess it better to keep plugged in all the time when it is under 35-40 deg .
Another thing I live in GA north of Atlanta and I have not seen a single chevy Bolt on the road besides mine and there are ton's of
Nissan Leafs cause folks bought the leaf when there was a $6000 GA credit back in 2011 on and I bought mine in 9/2014 .
I forgot when that $6000 ran out in 2015 or 16 . I just thought I would be seeing a lot of chevy Bolts on the road but so far nothing.
All I see are few Tesla's model S and X and tons of the Leafs / I know my cars ! No one has even questioned me about my chevy Bolt in a parking lot or anywhere . I still recall my 2004 Toyota prius that i waited a year for delivery in NY ( MT car of the year in 2004)
and folks used to stop me all the time in shopping parking lot to check out my hybrid prius / I would drive it around all in electric mode .

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I guess it better to keep plugged in all the time when it is under 35-40 deg .

I still recall my 2004 Toyota prius that i waited a year for delivery in NY ( MT car of the year in 2004)
and folks used to stop me all the time in shopping parking lot to check out my hybrid prius / I would drive it around all in electric mode .
Yup. Leave it plugged in all winter. And next summer when it's over 85 F too.

'Lectricky cars are old news now. Nobody cares. Gas is cheap.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
It is 27F out right now. The garage is 28F. The battery heater loop is on. The charger cooling loop is off. At these temps, and at such low output, the charger doesn't need cooling. The JuiceBox shows the charger is on.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts