Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Openair 
#1 ·
Hi all Im new to the forum so forgive me if this has been discussed. I got my update at a local dealer a couple of weeks back and now my car is acting all kinds of strange. First it refuses to charge over 45-50%. Then yesterday as I was parking the car I got a check engine light and a message “Propulsion Power Reduced”. The AC stopped working. And the car doesnt charge whatsoever now. I took it to a PepBoys to get a read and I got the attached code (P1E00). What in the heck is happening?! Thanks in advance for your help.
Computer Personal computer Output device Light Netbook
Computer Personal computer Output device Light Netbook

See less See more
#4 ·
It might help if you explain what update was performed as there is a SW Update, and Battery Replacement going on currently.

If you had the Battery Replacement, many owners have experience issues due to improper coolant flush and fill, in which case take it back to the dealer.

Reactions: Dark-Fx
#8 ·
The 80% limit software also contains "advanced diagnostics" that are supposed to detect a risky battery. Others have noted that if it does decide that the battery is at higher risk of catching fire, it does things like what you are seeing. That is also supposed to cause GM to move your car forward in the queue for a new battery.

#9 ·
I'm not sure how true this is but I was warned to never clear codes on EVs by someone undergoing service training for EVs at Pep Boys. I had a code for a sensor on my Kona and I cleared it and told the guy who was mounting my tires and he's like, "You really don't want to do that, this isn't like a car from the 90s, you can make things a lot worse with EVs."

I took it both seriously and with a grain of salt. For me, figure why clear the code while it's under warranty. Time will sort out how true it is (and maybe other people here responding?)

#24 ·
Pretty sure that's a cover your ass just in case thing. Not a real ev specific issue. Pep Boys doesn't want to be even consider as potentially responsible when a defective battery goes up in flames a week after they cleared some unrelated codes. One of the bolt service bulletins for a certain issue instructs techs to clear a the codes, and start the vehicle 10 times to see if the codes comes back.

#22 ·
Update: I live in Puerto Rico and none of the dealers know what to do with the car. GM concierge is useless and says problem can only be solved by June when they can send someone down here. Ive rented a car but it will be thousands of dollars out of pocket per month, even w GM covering the daily fees (they dont cover insurance or any of the local fees). I have given up on GM requested a buyback
Glasses Hand Smile Vision care Eye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.