Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2020 Bolt. We are waiting for the replacement battery, Received an email from Chevrolet, that said, " Chevrolet will begin providing notification to Model Year 20 - Model Year 22 impacted BOLT owners in small numbers in the next 2 weeks. It will take several months to notify all owners in this group of their available remedy as we balance the volume of replacements and the availability of the replacement batteries. You will be contacted via a notification in your MyChevy Mobile app or via phone and you will receive a final remedy letter by mail when your vehicle is ready for a repair. "

Meanwhile, yesterday, an error message appeared. "Propulsion Power is Reduced". In addition, the air conditioning does not work and the range shows 97 miles, but, it will not accept a charge. It says it is completely charged.

Took the Bolt to our local Chevy dealer this morning. They called this afternoon and said they know what is happening but do not know how to fix it, or, when it will get fixed!!!!!

Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,494 Posts
Anyone else having this problem?
Anyone who had the last battery software update apparently. Most are caused by a software bug. Have your dealer check for the service bulletin. If their scan shows a problem with cells 40, 67, or 87, it is not the cells, but a bug.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone who had the last battery software update apparently. Most are caused by a software bug. Have your dealer check for the service bulletin. If their scan shows a problem with cells 40, 67, or 87, it is not the cells, but a bug.

Is the "last battery software update" from when the replacement battery was installed?

·
Registered
8,987 Posts
Sounds like the bug was introduced with a software update...prior to the new battery install. I have honestly lost track of the number of updates we have refused now.
My dealer phoned me in April to tell me that they were ordering a new battery. Four months later they still haven't gotten back to me, and I'm in no hurry...

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
My dealer phoned me in April to tell me that they were ordering a new battery. Four months later they still haven't gotten back to me, and I'm in no hurry...
Me either. But it could be worse.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds like the bug was introduced with a software update...prior to the new battery install. I have honestly lost track of the number of updates we have refused now.
Hmm...maybe folks that just got their cars updated with new battery and associated SW with the new battery could be OK?

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Hmm...maybe folks that just got their cars updated with new battery and associated SW with the new battery could be OK?
GM was saying just a few days ago, they had figured out how to clear the errors, so you can drive. But they also said it could return again, and they had not yet found a permanent fix.

This is part of the reason I am amazed when I hear GM saying they will surpass Tesla in a few years, and anybody believes them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I meant to say... Maybe the folks that ONLY (no other SW updates prior) got their cars updated with new battery and associated SW with the new battery could be OK?

I hate SW updates in general. If it ain't broke... I ain't updating. I was really apprehensive on getting the new battery cuz my 2018 had been perfect from the factory. I didn't do any of the gimping updates prior to the new battery, but I guess I had to get some new SW cuz of the new pack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts