Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, back in July I put a deposit on a EUV and it finally showed up at dealer a week after the stop sale started. My dealer got mixed communication from above and a few weeks ago they informed me they will just have to run a diagnostic test once they have it available to check the battery then if all checks out I can drive it off the lot.
Last week they informed me the battery will have to be replaced, but they have no clue when.
Just wondering if anyone is in same situation and what have their dealers been communicating to them?

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
417 Posts
I picked up my EUV the day before it all crashed down. I've received a total of one email from GM about it, but it didn't contain any info that wasn't already discussed here. Since our batteries are brand new, GM likely figures they have to leeway to take care of the older cars first. That said, they are supposed to have software available by Nov that will be able to monitor our battery and provide some assurance of its safety. My guess is, we too will get replacement batteries in the EUV, but it won't happen until mid-22. Again, just my guess. They may surprise us and get the batteries out faster than expected. That has actually already happened, as many didn't believe the batteries would be available soon, and yet we have already heard from at least one forum member that has already received a new battery.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
98 Posts
Picked up our EUV mid July and enjoying it very much. As far as communication...nothing more than required by law which was a letter from GM in the mail regarding the recall. Dealer had no info to offer in terms of battery availability. It would be nice to hear something further from GM but they have a big recall on their hands so I get it. I agree with the comment above that we are not likely very high on the list of priorities at the moment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't wait to get my new battery so I can sell this worthless GM piece of crap.

Reactions: Croxley611

·
Registered
55 Posts
Picked up our EUV mid July and enjoying it very much. As far as communication...nothing more than required by law which was a letter from GM in the mail regarding the recall. Dealer had no info to offer in terms of battery availability. It would be nice to hear something further from GM but they have a big recall on their hands so I get it. I agree with the comment above that we are not likely very high on the list of priorities at the moment.
I received a proactive call from the EV Concierge last week about the open case on my '22 EUV. That they reached out to me of their own accord was promising.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven’t actually signed any papers taking ownership, I’ve only put a deposit down so far. Dealer said to me today they have no info as to when the 2022 batteries will be replaced.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I haven’t actually signed any papers taking ownership, I’ve only put a deposit down so far. Dealer said to me today they have no info as to when the 2022 batteries will be replaced.
That is consistent with what I was told. Personally, I don't think the dealer could care less about you and me with our Bolts....they are too busy moving pick up trucks as fast as they can get them in. I think we'll have better luck getting info from this forum and perhaps calling GM directly at the appropriate time. It would seem to me though that you should be a higher priority than me for a battery since they don't have your money yet. Sorry about my attitude, nothing against GM in particular just car dealers in general.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The ones with US-made batteries (2020-2022 and some 2019) are likely to be last in the queue for replacements.

If GM restarts the factory, allocating some battery production to new production cars, then it may be possible that new cars with new known-good batteries could become available before existing new car stock under recall can get remedied. If dealers are the bottleneck in doing remedies for customer cars, then it is likely that GM will do this, but if battery supply is the bottleneck, then they may continue to allocate all or almost all battery production to remedying customer cars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have you heard anything further from the dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Put a deposit down a few weeks ago on an EUV Premier. Dealer told me that they are waiting for the diagnostic software and has said nothing about replacing the battery in a brand new car. GM has never committed to replacing all batteries in every Bolt ever made. No one seems to know much about anything on how the 2020-2022 models are being handled. No one seems to know much about this software. No one seems to know under what criteria the recall will be officially declared to be over. The 10 bolts reserved on the lot at my local dealer seem to be in limbo since they aren’t technically owned by a customer and probably have low priority for anything. I may be shopping for a different EV if I can’t get some kind of answer soon. I’m certainly not waiting until well into next year to find out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Put a deposit down a few weeks ago on an EUV Premier. Dealer told me that they are waiting for the diagnostic software and has said nothing about replacing the battery in a brand new car. GM has never committed to replacing all batteries in every Bolt ever made. No one seems to know much about anything on how the 2020-2022 models are being handled. No one seems to know much about this software. No one seems to know under what criteria the recall will be officially declared to be over. The 10 bolts reserved on the lot at my local dealer seem to be in limbo since they aren’t technically owned by a customer and probably have low priority for anything. I may be shopping for a different EV if I can’t get some kind of answer soon. I’m certainly not waiting until well into next year to find out.
I received a recall notice for my 2022 Bolt EUV which most assuredly is calling for the replacement of defective modules.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
417 Posts
My guess is us 2022 owners will be last in line. We have the newest version, and in most cases the lowest mileage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Called Chevy customer care here in Canada to see if I can find anything else out and also mentioned that I’m not impressed the 2 months the EUV has been sitting on dealer lot I’ve had to fork out gas/ maintenance on the vehicle I’m going to trade in.
They offered $2500 off the vehicle which was definitely a nice gesture. But if it’s going to take another 3+ months before I can drive that bolt off the lot I’m going to start looking elsewhere for an EV.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Called Chevy customer care here in Canada to see if I can find anything else out and also mentioned that I’m not impressed the 2 months the EUV has been sitting on dealer lot I’ve had to fork out gas/ maintenance on the vehicle I’m going to trade in.
They offered $2500 off the vehicle which was definitely a nice gesture. But if it’s going to take another 3+ months before I can drive that bolt off the lot I’m going to start looking elsewhere for an EV.
3+ months?

I have a made in USA battery '19. Given the volume of vehicles likely in front of me in line (e.g. '19 w/MIK batteries and probably most/all '17), I'd be surprised if my car is eligible for a replacement within 1 year. However, yours is a goofy case since GM could actually book revenue for the sale if they haven't already whereas that already happened w/mine over 2.5 years ago.

Unclear what the balance is on GM's side about fixing existing customer cars, unsold cars (new and used), cars in limbo, new production, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in a similar situation (in Nova Scotia) - I have a deposit on a Bolt EUV premier sitting on the dealer lot (looks nice in the showroom, but could not even test drive one!). You mention 3+ months. Is that your guess or did they give you that figure. And you mentioned just mentioned the gas/maintenance on your current car and they just offered the $2500 discount? I wonder how they make that happen through the dealer?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am in a similar situation (in Nova Scotia) - I have a deposit on a Bolt EUV premier sitting on the dealer lot (looks nice in the showroom, but could not even test drive one!). You mention 3+ months. Is that your guess or did they give you that figure. And you mentioned just mentioned the gas/maintenance on your current car and they just offered the $2500 discount? I wonder how they make that happen through the dealer?
I’m in Dartmouth actually, purchasing thru Steele Chevrolet. Called Customer care and after a cpl calls they issued the credit for the inconvenience. If I were you I would call as well. Which dealer are you purchasing thru?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts