Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
321 - 340 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
22 EUV LT
46 Posts
Mine is 410xxxx became open yesterday 5/31/2022
Do you have possession of yours or is it on the dealer lot?

Mine is 4113xxx, still 'unsold' dealer stock and status says “Incomplete. Limited or no parts available”

Most of what I've read suggests the dealer stock is being prioritized over 2022's in the wild, and oldest build dates are eligible for replacements first. Meaning that once a dealer stock '22 with a VIN just below yours qualifies, yours should be eligible soon. Anyone else willing to share their 4th last digit so we can keep better track?

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Impala Premier, Soon to be 2022 Bolt EUV Premier
55 Posts
Evening, I'm looking at buying a 2022 Bolt EUV that's on the dealer's lot as I guess would be considered "new old stock"?

Mine is 4109XXX. I have yet to sign a purchase agreement due to the fact that i can't legally buy it... My status is shown below

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

Even as a gm employee I can't speed things up :(

Car built on 06/25/2021.
The car left the factory on 07/30/2021.
Arrived at the dealership on 08/12/2021.

Has been sitting on the lot ever since, I do currently have a reservation payment to hold the car for me.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Car built on 06/25/2021.
The car left the factory on 07/30/2021.
Arrived at the dealership on 08/12/2021.
Has been sitting on the lot ever since, I do currently have a reservation payment to hold the car for me.
If I were you I'd insist on a capacity test of the 12V battery before you take delivery of the vehicle. Unless they've been very diligent that battery is probably toast - they'll charge it up as part of the prep and it'll likely last just long enough to get you home and then cause the car to throw a whole slew of scary and misleading error codes.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,487 Posts
This just showed up on Facebook today. Probably take it with a grain of salt, until we have more information.
Rectangle Font Automotive lighting Circle Slope

Font Number

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is 410xxxxxx and recall still says
Recall Status: Incomplete. Remedy not available
I'm not sure on the release schedule, but the last list of eligible VINs was released on June 21st. I'll check next week to see if a new list gets released. Doesn't appear to be on a schedule of any sorts.

·
Registered
22 EUV LT
46 Posts
I'm not sure on the release schedule, but the last list of eligible VINs was released on June 21st. I'll check next week to see if a new list gets released. Doesn't appear to be on a schedule of any sorts.
What's the deal with this 'list'? Is it something the dealers or public have access to or do you have to ask a concierge about it?

·
Registered
22 EUV LT
46 Posts
Looks like another small batch of '22 dealer models became eligible today, mostly N4108 VINs, all US, no Canada. Seems to be slowing down a bit, maybe due to delays in shipping or slow swaps at the dealers.

Tuesdays appear to be when the status changes.

Hopefully they'll add more later in the day, the number I've seen so far seems really small, at this pace they'll be selling 2023 models before they finish with the 22's.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,557 Posts
Looks like another small batch of '22 dealer models became eligible today, mostly N4108 VINs, all US, no Canada. Seems to be slowing down a bit, maybe due to delays in shipping or slow swaps at the dealers.

Tuesdays appear to be when the status changes.

Hopefully they'll add more later in the day, the number I've seen so far seems really small, at this pace they'll be selling 2023 models before they finish with the 22's.
Where do you get the numbers of 2022's that become eligible?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT Cayenne Orange Metallic
1,487 Posts
Where do you get the numbers of 2022's that become eligible?
I wonder if they are using the current Orion MY changeover shutdown to complete as many remaining dealer 2022's as possible. 100% of pack production can go to customer cars plus dealer cars until Orion Bolt production resumes on July 21st. I would think nobody wants a bunch of 2022's at dealers waiting for packs, with 2023's arriving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure if this is known or im getting fed some BS. But according to DeeDee it's not only by VIN, but also by battery manufacturing location? Anyone able to confirm this?
Product Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's the deal with this 'list'? Is it something the dealers or public have access to or do you have to ask a concierge about it?
My supervisor is a old District Service Manager, and still has access to alot of things, I don't have access to, internally. I have not seen the list as she's been out of the office for the last few days. She is back today ill see if I can get a copy and post it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,557 Posts
Not sure if this is known or im getting fed some BS. But according to DeeDee it's not only by VIN, but also by battery manufacturing location? Anyone able to confirm this?...
The highest risk packs (model year 2019) were assembled in Korea. Those would have the highest priority for replacement. Some model year 2019 and all 2020+ packs were assembled in Michigan. They are all still being replaced, although (as far as we know) only 2 US-made packs have caught fire out of the 20+ cases.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My supervisor is a old District Service Manager, and still has access to alot of things, I don't have access to, internally. I have not seen the list as she's been out of the office for the last few days. She is back today ill see if I can get a copy and post it.
There is a list that the District Service Managers have access too, list's dealerships and VINs that are eligible. VINs do not appear to be in any type of order. Appear to be mostly random?... New list every 6 to 7 days. Latest list is from June 29th new list should be coming out in the next day or so.

...mostly N4108 VINs...
The lists last update was the 29th, might just be a delay in them updating the status to open? The list also contained N4111's and N4109's and some random ones.

As its not public info, I can't share the list in its entirety. I can try to get ahold of a copy of it & post a snipit, so you guys know I'm not BSing

·
Administrator
4,390 Posts
Latest list of vins is still from the 29th. Will update when a new list comes out.
Good news for those waiting on replacement packs for cars sitting on dealer lots!

Maybe they are trying to clear out unsold inventory for the 23 model year sales cycle?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe they are trying to clear out unsold inventory for the 23 model year sales cycle?
I hope, as that's where mine is currently sitting. Don't really have much more insider information other then that pdf above.

The dealer tried to get me to order a 23, but they don't have rear heated seats, also the vin for the one I'm sitting on has my date of birth in it, find it kinda rare that it's the color and has the packages I want... feels like it's ment to be. 🤣

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah. My 2022 sitting on the lot has been there since last July. Still waiting on a battery. Dealer has no batteries. All used cars done in our area. All but the dealer stock. And can't get a battery as they have to go to the new ones I guess.

321 - 340 of 386 Posts