Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
421 - 440 of 444 Posts

· Administrator
6,010 Posts
My 22 popped to open on Sept 12th. Called dealer and was told they don't order them. They are automatically sent by GM.
Unless they have changed things, I don't think that is correct. When my 2018 became eligible, I called my dealer and they immediately placed an order.

If your dealer is not aware of, or not equipped to do the replacement, they may be giving you a line of BS. Try calling the Concierge line, they seem to be able to straighten dealers out when confusion sets in. They will also direct you to a qualified dealer if your preferred dealer is not certified for the replacement.

· Registered
9 Posts
My 2021 VIN showed up this morning on Battery Recall Tracker website, changed to incomplete,
EV Concierge called a hour later,they called my local dealer had them order battery an scheduled
replacement to arrive in six weeks.Good service.
The dealer just called said my battery is in,will drop off tomorrow they say they need it for two days.
It took the dealer less than two week to get my battery in they expected four weeks an EV Conciege told me six to eight.

· Registered
847 Posts
Based on what is shown on the Recall Tracking Summary, it looks like they should be getting through the 2022s fairly soon. Right now almost 62% of the ones in the database are completed, and another 34% are "Open". I suspect at least some of the "Open" ones have actually been completed, there has been some suggestion that that status change is a little slow to update at GM. Hopefully they can soon get back to the 2017-2019s and start actually resolving majority customer cars instead of dealer cars. I have wondered if there were any unsold 2021s that caught at Chevy dealers that might come first.

· Registered
317 Posts
lost track of the thread....I have a 21 Bolt....but haven't heard a thing. Anyone else out there with a 21 and received replacement? thanks.
We got the letter but have not scheduled replacement yet. We’ve only got 29k miles on the original 😉

When the winter range anxiety kicks in for the missus I might be forced to contact my local dealer.

· Registered
69 Posts
Thanks. I'll be contacting the dealer and GM Monday. I've let this sit too long since work out of home mostly now, but thinking of holiday trips causes me to worry a bit about reduced range, charging on the road, etc. Anyone else out there with May 2021s or thereabouts get new batteries?

· Registered
4,379 Posts
Thanks. I'll be contacting the dealer and GM Monday. I've let this sit too long since work out of home mostly now, but thinking of holiday trips causes me to worry a bit about reduced range, charging on the road, etc. Anyone else out there with May 2021s or thereabouts get new batteries?
There's no point in contacting a dealer if your recall status still contains "not yet available". Check your VIN's status first. See 1st post of Battery replacement recall remedy tracking summary for methods.

· Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
5,363 Posts
To see how other Bolts near yours (in terms of production date) are doing, compare the last 4 numbers of your VIN with the list at Recall Overview

· Registered
847 Posts
My VIN shows, and means, for those who have been through this:
Recall Status: Incomplete. Remedy not available
I know you don’t want to hear this but current the recall database shows about 70% of 2021s are still like yours, waiting to become eligible for a battery. There was a push by GM to resolve all unsold 2022s on dealer lots, which seems to have been pretty much completed. Now it is back to the regular wait as they slowly work through the remaining units.

· Registered
69 Posts
I can live with it, although it's perturbing - but love the Bolt (my 2nd one) and I had the earlier incarnation - the Chevy Spark EV - and I spend much of time encouraging others to go this route. I don't mention this recall, and how we've been left as an after thought. Off-the-record. :) Thanks.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, I'm behind on this, but am now having to deal with it due to my lease coming up soon. Can you help me understand where I would go to get the new battery, once available? Would it be my local dealer (i.e. any GM dealership) or do i have to go to the one from whom I'm leasing? Thanks!

Also, I did a search with my VIN on this website and it brings up a seatbelt issue, but does NOT mention the battery. Does that mean my car is not impacted? It's a 2017 Bolt. Were not all of these cars affected?

· Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier: sold back to GM Jan ‘23
2,688 Posts
Hi there, I'm behind on this, but am now having to deal with it due to my lease coming up soon. Can you help me understand where I would go to get the new battery, once available? Would it be my local dealer (i.e. any GM dealership) or do i have to go to the one from whom I'm leasing? Thanks!
You can have the battery replaced at any authorized GM dealer. I took mine to a different one than where I leased because they said they could do it sooner. Once your VIN shows you are eligible, you need to contact a dealer so they can order a battery and schedule your replacement.

· Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier: sold back to GM Jan ‘23
2,688 Posts
Also, I did a search with my VIN on this website and it brings up a seatbelt issue, but does NOT mention the battery. Does that mean my car is not impacted? It's a 2017 Bolt. Were not all of these cars affected?
Yes, the 2017 was part of the recall. But if your VIN doesn't come up showing the recall is active, that means the battery has already been replaced. Did you just purchase the car used? If you're the original owner, and you know it hasn't been replaced, the VIN check probably made an error.

421 - 440 of 444 Posts