Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 21 Bolt Premier and was wondering if anyone with same year has had a battery exchange. If so what is the warranty and can you charge past 80%?

·
Registered
965 Posts
The warranty and charging post battery replacement will be the same for all years, 8 years or 100,000 miles from the date the battery was replaced (only applies to the battery) and no restriction on charging or discharging.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The warranty and charging post battery replacement will be the same for all years, 8 years or 100,000 miles from the date the battery was replaced (only applies to the battery) and no restriction on charging or discharging.
The reason I asked was the first of the week I looked into trading for a 22 and was told that it had the same battery issue. That there was a no sale order on the vehicle but I, as a Bolt owner, could trade for it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The reason I asked was the first of the week I looked into trading for a 22 and was told that it had the same battery issue. That there was a no sale order on the vehicle but I, as a Bolt owner, could trade for it.
They still cannot sell it until the battery is replaced. Being a Bolt owner makes no difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I did not. Why trade and go to the bottom of the battery list. My 21 has 24k on it. When I get a new battery I get a new warranty. So the way I see it if I don’t get a new battery for another year I’ll then have what amounts to a new car.

·
Registered
965 Posts
No I did not. Why trade and go to the bottom of the battery list. My 21 has 24k on it. When I get a new battery I get a new warranty. So the way I see it if I don’t get a new battery for another year I’ll then have what amounts to a new car.
Then you really don’t know for sure if they would have sold it to you…

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was very willing. The car was still on the assembly line and he could not give me a final price until it was delivered. The estimate made it doable and if the battery was good I would have traded.

·
Registered
965 Posts
He was very willing. The car was still on the assembly line and he could not give me a final price until it was delivered. The estimate made it doable and if the battery was good I would have traded.
If it was on the assembly line it would have a new battery before it got to the dealership…not the same as a dealer offering to sell you one with a bad battery on the lot just because you own a Bolt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told by persons at different dealerships the battery issue has not been resolved. I can only take that to mean the batteries that have been installed are defective.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I was told by persons at different dealerships the battery issue has not been resolved. I can only take that to mean the batteries that have been installed are defective.
If that was true there would be a new recall. There is none.
Also about an hour ago you told someone that if a car on the lot had a new battery you would take it in a heartbeat.
Font Rectangle Electric blue Parallel Screenshot
Product Font Communication Device Screenshot Portable communications device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts