Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard four quick beeps after running over a sleeping policeman (aka: speed bump)? I haven't managed to catch any alert or light on the dash, so I have no idea what it's trying to communicate. First time I heard it, it was so quiet and had no visual cue so I was looking for one of the kids watch alarms. The forward collision alert is quite loud and has an obvious visual cue. Pedestrian, cross traffic, and parking alerts are louder and also have visual cues.

Only time we remember hearing it is after coming off a sleeping policeman, and once or twice when hitting odd road profiles like where there's a dip near a storm drain.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe the front collision detection? any red light HUD?
That's super hard to miss. I've seen that go off. Much louder, and flashy lights involved. Let's just say WAY more insistent.

In this case the beeps are quiet and quick, and no lights or indicators that I've seen.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Which Bolt do you have: an LT or a Premium? If it's a Premier, does it have the Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning option?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which Bolt do you have: an LT or a Premium? If it's a Premier, does it have the Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning option?
Premier with all the bells and, apparently, whistles.

I thought LKA needed to be turned on. Just checked out the manual ~pg. 229. You needed to be faster than 60 k's - makes sense as the cameras need a steady stream of lane markings to detect departure. LDW is apparently linked to LKA.

Still, I might try activating it and see how it alerts. I assumed it would be more obvious.

·
Registered
624 Posts
LDW is much quieter than FCD, and i think there's a visual warning on the DIC, but i'm not sure. (how many more TLAs can i use?)

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
LDW is much quieter than FCD, and i think there's a visual warning on the DIC, but i'm not sure. (how many more TLAs can i use?)
The light in the DIC that indicates the car has sensed the lanes turns orange if it thinks you're going to depart the lane and then it tugs the steering wheel if you're not actively steering. It doesn't beep.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maybe you have something in the car that someone left and it beeps when you hit a bump ?????

·
Registered
624 Posts
The light in the DIC that indicates the car has sensed the lanes turns orange if it thinks you're going to depart the lane and then it tugs the steering wheel if you're not actively steering. It doesn't beep.
it does beep. page 230 of the manual:

When on, A is green if LKA is available to assist and provide LDW alerts. It may assist by gently turning the steering wheel and display A as amber if the vehicle approaches a detected lane marking without using a turn signal in that direction. It may also provide an
LDW alert by flashing A amber as the lane marking is crossed. Additionally, there may be three beeps on the right or left, depending
on the lane departure direction.
also, there's a particular merge on my commute every day where the LDW mistakes a seam between lanes as a lane marker, and it beeps at me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Too much technology for me. I'll stick with my LT. The only option I got was the the DC fast charger port (built in at the factory). But the dash cam I added thinks every freeway seam is a collision, beeping at me regularly. I need to figure out how to shut off that warning.

167 Posts
What speed does LKA become enabled ?

it does beep. page 230 of the manual:

also, there's a particular merge on my commute every day where the LDW mistakes a seam between lanes as a lane marker, and it beeps at me.
Yes, but at what speed does LKA become active? I believe rolling over a speed bump is usually at reduced speed.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have not, but if you leave your Blinker on for an extended period of time (like stuck in traffic) it gives a very quiet constant beep at you. Almost sounds like coming from the back seat. Scared the shi* out of me because there were no lights on dash or anything. I turned off the blinker and it stopped

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not, but if you leave your Blinker on for an extended period of time (like stuck in traffic) it gives a very quiet constant beep at you. Almost sounds like coming from the back seat. Scared the shi* out of me because there were no lights on dash or anything. I turned off the blinker and it stopped
The location sounds about right. As I mentioned in my original post I thought it might have been one of the kids watch alarms.

I assume you mean there was no visual "warning" on the dash, but that the blinker light was still blinking?

Speaking of, I had the infotainment system freeze on me the other day and the normal blinker sound stopped. Makes sense I guess as there's probably no relay any more (gone solid state?) so they use a sound effect...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would think it still needed the relay, no? There is obviously one for the high beams and I Hate the 'clunk' noise it makes when I flash my high beams.

Yes, I meant no warning visual on the dash to tell me why it was yelling at me.

I have a speed bump at the grocery store and they didn't paint it yellow when they replaced it (after a year). Hit it at 25mph, grr. But no other issue as you heard.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,521 Posts
Mea culpa:
I finally figured this out - it was the dashcam. It was obvious in hindsight...

I have an A119, and it defaulted to "on" for all the whiz-bang features that are marginally effective. I turned those off immediately.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.