Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been cold in South Florida so haven't had to use A/C and have se a personal best record for one charge: 4.8 mi/KW. Used 49.7 KWh for 238.7 mi and still had 47 mi left. Chevy has done an outstanding job in range calculation, much better than my Tesla.
20180111RangeRecord.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
Nice stats! Where did you drive?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
195 Posts
;)Interesting possibilities. I drive conservatively because I started with a Prius Plug In with 10 mile EV range. Also, because I'm older. Regardless what you driving style and average range is, you're only a charge away from more range.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm a leadfoot Larry: half of my driving has been freeway, the rest is in town or on an expressway with lots of lights and traffic, not many hills. I get around 3.2 miles per kWh in my one month old LT. It's just too much fun to zip past Porsches.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The only time I checked was just after Thanksgiving when I needed to drive 243 miles to get home. I started out with a full L2 charge in freezing weather, 28F. I preconditioned the car and drove @ 62MPH on cruise ctrl with the cabin temp in the 60s, but used the seat heater. The speed limit varied between 70 and 55, mostly 65.

I drove 242.3 miles and used 53.6kWh = 4.52mi/kWh

The remaining range estimate was 28 miles

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts