Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an optioned out Premiere with $10,500 of factory and dealer incentives for $37,164 including tax (9.5% on the full retail price, grr)! and fees, minus $3500 Fed and $2500 CA state rebates, for $31k net.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just bought an optioned out Premiere with $10,500 of factory and dealer incentives for $37,164 including tax (9.5% on the full retail price, grr)! and fees, minus $3500 Fed and $2500 CA state rebates, for $31k net.
Congratulations IRS4

Love those extra California rebates!

Enjoy your new ride

Post a pick!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Wonderbolt

This is great advice

I love the electric spreadsheet. Don you know how I can get historical data?

Buying last week of December makes sense. It's like buying and the end of a month, end of a quarter and end of year. Triple witching.

How much better a deal do you think I can get by waiting? What type of deals have you gotten?

I'd think most of 2019 will be gone and 2020s will be available. Do you think I'd get a great deal on a 2020 also?
No idea on historic data other than maybe the wayback machine

Looking back at my couple of data points I personally got, 28% off and 30% off MSRP. Neither were the Bolt, so no state or federal incentives on top of that.

I would agree that most of the 2019s will be gone, thus my caution about selection, no idea on the 2020, but just based on MY discounts you can get a deal, but obviously not typically nearly as good a deal as you would get on the prior model year vehicle.

A friend just bought a Bolt LT last week that stickered for $40k for $23,970 including the Federal ($3,750)and NY state ($2,000) but excluding NY state sales tax. No trade in, clean deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wonderbolt

Funny you show say wayback machine because that is what I used last night

It seems like the people over the last 12 months who get the best deals on a Bolt Premier with an MSRP of $44,000 fully loaded pay an effective price (sale price - fed tax credit) around $27,000 - $29,000

It doesn't seem to matter if its the newest model (2019) or last years mode (2018)l...probably more dependent on what is on that dealer's lot (?)

I'd say your friend in NY got a very good deal :)

Even better to double dip and get the NY credit!

Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been offered a 2019 Bolt Premier ($44k MSRP) for just over $28k total price (so just over $24k with the Federal Tax Credit). I think that's a pretty sweet deal, but I still have my 2017 that I'm leasing for another 11 months, so I won't be able to take advantage of that deal. I do think it's likely that the dealer will drop another $1k off the price by the end of September (end of month, end of quarter, end of traditional model year), and if I didn't already have a Bolt lease, I'd jump on this deal and purchase outright. I like the Teslas a bit better for some things, but I don't think I could justify the huge price difference when the current deals are factored in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
RikNChar

What state are you in?

$28,000 is a very good price.

I agree that there is a good chance of an even lower price at the end of the month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got 19' Premier with sticker of 43970 for 29500. Taxes title, etc added it up to 33370 out the door. But then the 3750 tax credit will bring it down to roughly just under 26000. We were in the market for another Tesla model 3 but the difference of about $9000 + bigger tax credit made us go with the bolt. I have to say, the bolt is a nice car as well.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Wow, I got $38K OTD with tax, equiv of $31K when you back out taxes and the tax credit, you did very well!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just got 19' Premier with sticker of 43970 for 29500. Taxes title, etc added it up to 33370 out the door. But then the 3750 tax credit will bring it down to roughly just under 26000. We were in the market for another Tesla model 3 but the difference of about $9000 + bigger tax credit made us go with the bolt. I have to say, the bolt is a nice car as well.
Dano

Excellent price!

What state did you buy the car in?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
So the 2020 Bolts will get $7500 fed tax credit?

I have an offer for 2019 LT for $25,985 out the door, including WA sales tax incentive and fed tax credit. I’m gonna try to get them to take off another $699 for the ETCH theft prevention service but they’ve already told me no. Another dealer could not match it so I think it’s close to rock bottom price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been offered a 2019 Bolt Premier ($44k MSRP) for just over $28k total price (so just over $24k with the Federal Tax Credit). I think that's a pretty sweet deal, but I still have my 2017 that I'm leasing for another 11 months, so I won't be able to take advantage of that deal. I do think it's likely that the dealer will drop another $1k off the price by the end of September (end of month, end of quarter, end of traditional model year), and if I didn't already have a Bolt lease, I'd jump on this deal and purchase outright. I like the Teslas a bit better for some things, but I don't think I could justify the huge price difference when the current deals are factored in.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. In in NY but 28k is a STEAL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For a loaded premier: $29500+Tax and fees is a awesome price! Rick's $28000 deal is the lowest so far and can't be beat without currently leasing a GM car. Leasing a GM car receive another $1500 to $2000 discount on a Bolt.

I got a Bolt premier last week for $31249 in S. Cal and wish I had known your price of $29500 and negotiate more. Nevertheless, still happy to get a pretty good deal and start saving on Gas.
On another note: tackle the next item of finding a reasonable priced electrician to do Nema 14-50 with permit. Find good price to do the work without permit, but not with permit so far.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
We ended up paying $30K total, after the federal tax rebate, plus tax and license, over two years ago. This was for an LT with heated seats and wheel, and the DC port. We have never regretted not getting more doodads, as they have shown themselves to be a source of problems, as I suspected. And the extra two years of driving electric, as they say in the ads...priceless!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We ended up paying $30K total, after the federal tax rebate, plus tax and license, over two years ago. This was for an LT with heated seats and wheel, and the DC port. We have never regretted not getting more doodads, as they have shown themselves to be a source of problems, as I suspected. And the extra two years of driving electric, as they say in the ads...priceless!
Indeed! That would add extra $3750 tax credit + about $720 annual saving on gas after offsetting higher electric bills. My boss at home wants the extras; leather, styling, etc.. :) Otherwise, I would go for a $31K OTD offer (tax and fee already included) loaded LT with heated seat, DC port, blind spot mirror, etc. Saving a difference of ~$3500.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So the 2020 Bolts will get $7500 fed tax credit?

I have an offer for 2019 LT for $25,985 out the door, including WA sales tax incentive and fed tax credit.
Could the dealer for the 2019 be misrepresenting the federal tax credit in displaying his 'net' price? If he told you it is $7500 ... that's no longer available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a loaded premier: $29500+Tax and fees is a awesome price! Rick's $28000 deal is the lowest so far and can't be beat without currently leasing a GM car. Leasing a GM car receive another $1500 to $2000 discount on a Bolt.

I got a Bolt premier last week for $31249 in S. Cal and wish I had known your price of $29500 and negotiate more. Nevertheless, still happy to get a pretty good deal and start saving on Gas.
On another note: tackle the next item of finding a reasonable priced electrician to do Nema 14-50 with permit. Find good price to do the work without permit, but not with permit so far.
I believe you are correct that the main difference between my $28k offer and others' offer of $29,500 is the $1,500 rebate I'm entitled to as a current GM leaseholder. I actually think I could get the dealer down another $1k as we get closer to the end of September, so total price of $27k before $3750 federal tax credit. It's getting low enough that it might actually make sense for me to just turn my current 2017 in early and suck up the $4300 in remaining payments... The federal tax credit would cover most of the early turn-in costs, and I'd have a brand new amazing EV for $27.5k or so... Still tempted...

21 - 40 of 124 Posts