Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a beta tester for the new Apple software release, I and several others are aware of an unfixed bug with the CarPlay function. Specifically, pressing the icons for some third party audio apps such as Tune-In Radio, IHeart Radio, SiriusXM app and others are subject to a "Cannot connect" message and thus unusable. You can still listen to the programming with bluetooth of course for the time being. Also it is sometimes possible to ask Siri to play something with the "Via" command but not reliably. I would have thought this issue would have been fixed before the final release of ios15 but the day is rapidly approaching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a beta tester for the new Apple software release, I and several others are aware of an unfixed bug with the CarPlay function. Specifically, pressing the icons for third party audio apps such as Tune-In Radio, IHeart Radio, SiriusXM app and others are subject to a "Cannot connect" message and thus unusable. You can still listen to the programming with bluetooth of course for the time being. Also it is sometimes possible to ask Siri to play something with the "Via" command but not reliably. I would have thought this issue would have been fixed before the final release of ios15 but the day is rapidly approaching.
This hasn't been an issue with Spotify or Audible for me, but those are the only two apps I use for audio.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Folks may want to disable auto-installing for iOS updates. However, Apple doesn't roll those out all at once. They seem to in stages/increasing percentages over time...

I checked Sign In - Apple a few minutes ago and iOS 15 beta 8 (19A5340a) still seems to be the latest.

·
Administrator
2,651 Posts
As a beta tester for the new Apple software release, I and several others are aware of an unfixed bug with the CarPlay function. Specifically, pressing the icons for some third party audio apps such as Tune-In Radio, IHeart Radio, SiriusXM app and others are subject to a "Cannot connect" message and thus unusable. You can still listen to the programming with bluetooth of course for the time being. Also it is sometimes possible to ask Siri to play something with the "Via" command but not reliably. I would have thought this issue would have been fixed before the final release of ios15 but the day is rapidly approaching.
Over the years, I have used Beta versions on iOS, Mac, AppleTV, etc. It is not for the faint of heart!

Most of the issues seem to be updates to apps to fix incompatibilities with new APIs in the OS. Many app developers seem to ignore Beta releases, and are probably just now working on updates.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Release candidate of iOS 15 is up now.
Released September 14, 2021
Build 19A344

I test iOS software for a living. There's no way I'd install iOS or MacOS betas on my primary machine or phone. Heck, on my personal phone, I wait several weeks before putting on major iOS updates onto it. I start with my least used personal device (an iPad mini 5) then move onto my iPad Pro 10.5" then finally my iPhone 8, if there are no major probs reported in the press.

For my work test devices, sure, I need to keep a few around with the latest iOS major version beta...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Build 19A344

I test iOS software for a living. There's no way I'd install iOS or MacOS betas on my primary machine or phone. Heck, on my personal phone, I wait several weeks before putting on major iOS updates onto it. I start with my least used personal device (an iPad mini 5) then move onto my iPad Pro 10.5" then finally my iPhone 8, if there are no major probs reported in the press.

For my work test devices, sure, I need to keep a few around with the latest iOS major version beta...
The problem persists with the release candidate. Most audio apps are working fine except those which pertain to radio stations.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
111 Posts
I have a work issued iPhone and iPad. Both are managed remotely, but I still have total control over app and update installation. However, they advise us not to update until it has been tested with our enterprise apps, which at the moment are Outlook for email and Microsoft Comp Portal for administration. Yeah, Microsoft products.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, what I find most frustrating is with the USB cable connected I can play a video on my iPhone and listen to the Audio in the car and I can make a phone call with Audio in the car but I cannot make a FaceTime call and have Audio in the car with the USB cable connected. To have Audio in the car I have to disconnect the USB cable and use Bluetooth. WTF is with that.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,423 Posts
Build 19A344

I did put 14.8 on my wife's devices (iPhone, Watch and iPad) the morning it was released. Security, you know...

I do Android, because I can get it to do what I want it to do, rather than allowing Apple to "know better".

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you press "try again" it will usually work.

iHeartRadio just goes to a black screen for me and won't load at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Try again" brings up the recently played in memory. Still can't access favorites or discovery. TuneIn is also black screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts