Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. now I'm pretty sure everyone has a grasp on who Bill Nye is. If you need a reminder.. this should be enough.. "Bill Nye the Science Guy"

But... Bill owns a Bolt and it definitely isn't the first EV he's owned either. Seems like this is his seventh.

"Who the **** wants to drive a combustion-engine car?" he ended. "People ... come on!"
"Everyone's got a number" of miles they need to travel without worrying, he said. "Mine is just under 100 miles," which was a stretch with his BMW i3 or Nissan Leaf.

With his new Bolt EV, Nye doesn't even think about range. He just drives, he said. "Now I can go to Palm Springs without worrying," he said, a distance of about 120 miles.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Always like Bill Nye and what he advocates. Grew up with the guy and his Science Guy series so it's great to see him driving in a vehicle I like. Wouldn't mind seeing an in depth review from him or maybe even a short clip describing the battery system but that's highly unlikely.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Always like Bill Nye and what he advocates.
I never liked him, nor his advocacy. Seems to be a conventional, closed-minded liberal. He got a Bachelor's degree in engineering, and somehow considers himself an expert on both 'science' and politics.

Maybe the TV show was good, though - never saw it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
To each their own I say. Wouldn't want to start anything on the forum.

If the Model 3 has even more range than the Bolt, think Nye will switch over? Heard him and Ed Begley, Jr had a bet going on to see who could get the smallest carbon footprint. Not sure if this is still going on.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Certainly, to each his own.

For my money, nobody in the genre measures up to the original, Mr. Science. I understand Mr. Science drives a Tesla.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts