Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Agreed, I was just looking at the Koni documentation - the rears apparently don't have a knob. You have to remove the shock, fully compress it to engage the valve adjuster, and twist shock body relative to the shock rod to adjust it. I suppose you could just unbolt the bottom and do the adjustment, but it still sounds like a total PITA. I don't even know how you could expect to compress it by hand.

The BC coilover rear shocks had a better adjustment system - there actually is a knob at the top that is easily accessible inside the wheel well. I played with it a bit while I had the BCs installed. The downside to that method that is that you can't keep the debris boot, which would prevent access to the knob. That might not be a great idea here in the snow belt (with road salt/sand/etc) for a winter daily-driver.
I got Konis for the rear of my 2020. It was pretty easy to adjust them before installation. I set them full soft, and I found that was a very comfortable setting. With the rear sway bar added, the handling is quite acceptable with improved ride comfort overall.

· Registered
36 Posts
Koni Shocks and Struts 8240 1293SPORT $145.08
Ships Directly From Supplier
Estimated Ship Date: Dec 8, 2022
[/QuotE

I installed those same shocks, set to full soft, and found that the rear ride quality was noticeably improved. Too bad I couldn't find front replacements with similar effect. These shocks were as good as adding an extra 400 lbs of weight in the trunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts