Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had noticed this was a dealer installed option for the Bolt, although it is not easily seen on the Chevy Website.
Has anyone purchased these as an option for their car and how does it look ?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
967 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whichever way you implement it, I think its look so much better than the standard gold bow tie, especially on darker colors such as the kinetic blue that we have

We got it as a dealer option as it came already with the vehicle we were able to get from the dealer (we didn't have many options if we wanted the car sooner here in PA) and as a dealer option is it rather expensive...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The LPO Black Bow Ties were on the Bolt I bought on Saturday, 08/05. They have a textured pattern to them.

Normally, I wouldn’t have gone for it, but they actually look pretty sharp with the Orange Burst paint, haha!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did not know about these other tricks and went to the dealer and had the front emblem replaced with the $108 unit in black and chrome from Chevy parts. But, I did remove the rear window unit myself by using the instructions from the part box. The key is to let the rear window set in the hot sun for a few hours and then carefully use some strong fishing line or thread to cut behind the emblem until it is off. Gently slide the line back and forth as you do a sawing motion through the glue. Do not pull outward but straight along the window surface and it came off in about 10 minutes. After it is separated you must use an active solvent to remove the remaining glue. I used acetone. (If the snow is blowing wait until spring or go to the dealer, they only charged .3 hours to replace the front emblem, less than $30)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did not know about these other tricks and went to the dealer and had the front emblem replaced with the $108 unit in black and chrome from Chevy parts. But, I did remove the rear window unit myself by using the instructions from the part box. The key is to let the rear window set in the hot sun for a few hours and then carefully use some strong fishing line or thread to cut behind the emblem until it is off. Gently slide the line back and forth as you do a sawing motion through the glue. Do not pull outward but straight along the window surface and it came off in about 10 minutes. After it is separated you must use an active solvent to remove the remaining glue. I used acetone. (If the snow is blowing wait until spring or go to the dealer, they only charged .3 hours to replace the front emblem, less than $30)
Managed to get the back emblem off today, on what I imagine will be the last 70 degree day for a while in the Northeast. Used a fishing line, and then acetone as suggested. Thank you for that. Still see a faint outline where it is used to be, but figure that might fade with exposure to the elements. Think I'll run it naked through the winter (it's absence doesn't really stand out on the Nightfall Gray) and then install the black one in spring if I decide I want it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts