Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys! I have a LT and I've 2 differents questions.. Don't know if the best practices is to start 2 differents thread or just one...

First, in Premier they have a nice blue LED ribbon around the bezel. In LT we don't. So I want to put a led under that but not sure if I'm going on a crazy job or not. Look at the plan my dealer give to me so I though it maybe not so bad but curious to speak with others about that.

Second, wiring diagram. The stock "radio" or "head unit" can't be replace because is in the "infotainment system". But I'm curious to know if in the original pack of wires, if it have something like pre-amp signal. In LT the sound is not very good and faraway from HiFi...

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Picture come from parts department..
Thanks for posting the parts diagram! I am buying an LT as well and I want to do the same thing. I need to find out how many components I need. My guess is the wiring harness is already in there. If you go first, please post pictures with it apart and what you find out regarding parts and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanks for those diagrams, a lot of people I think have the same questions as you as it is a sought after feature. The key thing is going to be the wiring. It would be great if it was already there but I'm sure splicing into other wires shouldn't be that difficult? When do you plan on taking on this task?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When do you plan on taking on this task?
As soo as I can. Where I live the problem we still in winter time and it's freezing out there. Today it's only 10F outside and don't have a garage. But I can't wait to make this change.
I'm looking for the wiring diagram also because you can play .MP4 on the screen but if you're in motion, over 5mph the screen turn with a big clock and the sound continue. I'm sure there's a way to put a switch on the wire that give the signal to the main unit after 5mph...

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
I'm looking for the wiring diagram also because you can play .MP4 on the screen but if you're in motion, over 5mph the screen turn with a big clock and the sound continue. I'm sure there's a way to put a switch on the wire that give the signal to the main unit after 5mph...
I wouldn't count on that. What you're talking about is basically software driven in the car's OS. If you interrupt the signal telling the "brain" about the car's speed, you will mess up a lot of other vital systems and possibly car will fail to function. No more speedometer, no more odometer, no more range estimates and given the interconnected nature of this car, it wouldn't surprise me if it failed to work properly at all.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Unfortunately it's not as simple as before when we could just ground a wire off and call it a day. Now we actually have to know how to essentially crack the system and change the codes and parameters in order to do anything really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts