Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible experience at the Whole Foods in Lancaster, PA. Two "Blink" level 2 chargers offered for free to customer. Tried "Charge as Guest"...nothing. Tried to download the app and set up an account....nothing. 0 kw. Very frustrating. Finally gave up and went in and did our shopping.

When I got home I found multiple $5 and $1 card holds on my checking account for "Blink Network, LLC". I assume they will roll off and not actually hit my checking account.

I submitted tickets on the blink app for each of the Serial Numbers of the two chargers and I got an email back saying they could do nothing because the owner of the property has to report it AND there will no refunds!

What a company!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
When I got home I found multiple $5 and $1 card holds on my checking account for "Blink Network, LLC". I assume they will roll off and not actually hit my checking account. I submitted tickets on the blink app for each of the Serial Numbers of the two chargers and I got an email back saying they could do nothing because the owner of the property has to report it AND there will no refunds! What a company!
Blink will go the way of the Chevy Corvair!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've had similar experiences with Blink also. There's one that I've tried a handful of times and got it to work only once. Last time resulted in hypermiling for 23 miles to make it to a supercharger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a Whole Foods near me that has two Blink chargers. One of the two never worked since it's been installed. We have told the people in the store who say it's the property owners issue. Last Winter the cable was damaged and that was fixed. But they never fixed the charger issue! Anyway I never charge the Bolt there as it's only a few miles to the house and I do not want to take up the space in case some really needs the charge. I stay away from Blink Chargers like the plague .

However there is a Meijer in my place in Ohio that has a few Charge Point chargers. They are free for two hours and my wife charges her Volt there when shopping. It works out well because it's always reliable.

·
Registered
734 Posts
With rare exceptions, if something is "FREE" you usually either get what you paid for...or there's a "catch".
Problem is, a hold was placed on his credit card... probably an indication that if they were working they would not be free.

Also, just because they charge money doesn't mean a blink charger will work. There are some blink chargers in Memphis TN at the IKEA (6.2 KW, 208V x 30 amps) that allowed me to make long distance trips before the Electrify America charger was completed in Memphis... but they cost $.04 a min with membership, $.06 as a "guest" and you could usually only fine one out of three that actually worked. Another Blink charger I used over night at a hotel charged the same $$$ per min, but only charged at 5.0 KW. So, for $2.40 an hour at 5.0 KW (208V 24 amps), so $.48 per kWh with membership, $.72 per kWh as a guest.

Later,

Keith

·
Registered
559 Posts
There is a Whole Foods near me that has two Blink chargers. One of the two never worked since it's been installed. We have told the people in the store who say it's the property owners issue. Last Winter the cable was damaged and that was fixed. But they never fixed the charger issue! Anyway I never charge the Bolt there as it's only a few miles to the house and I do not want to take up the space in case some really needs the charge. I stay away from Blink Chargers like the plague .

However there is a Meijer in my place in Ohio that has a few Charge Point chargers. They are free for two hours and my wife charges her Volt there when shopping. It works out well because it's always reliable.
I miss Meijer - They don't have them in Texas. What part of Ohio are You in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts