Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Why would the Bolt taper so early at around 50% SOC compared to the Spark EV? Maybe something to do with extending the lifetime of the battery if you're not aggressively changing it?

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would the Bolt taper so early at around 50% SOC compared to the Spark EV? Maybe something to do with extending the lifetime of the battery if you're not aggressively changing it?
Could be the chemistry is more sensitive than say the Spark EVs battery. That or GM found excessive degradation in the Spark battery, convincing it to go more conservative with the Bolt. Only GM and maybe LG chem know for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
very helpful info, thanks!

this is consistent with some other research I have done for my upcoming trip to las vegas ... I will have to fast charge from 50% to close to 100% at an evgo charger ... I figured with these numbers it will take me close to 1hr to get there ... not a problem time-wise - its at a mall, my wife will find something to do ;) - however I will get raped by evgo to the tune of 75 cents per kWh ... oh well, we could just take our volt ... but that would be only slightly cheaper factoring in the gas consumption - on no adventure considering the hilly freeway from Victorville to LV !

i'll definitely will report and give data for future travelers ...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
someone commented on your blog that the peak power would only occur between 30% and 50%. That's such a short time-frame for maximum charging, but I guess those who take their Bolts on long trips aren't really in a hurry anyways.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
What I would like to see is the other way around,Supercharger to DCFC! And a way to access their Network!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Hopefully Tesla-DCFC adapters will be available soon.
Based on the photo it looks to me like they're working on an adapter that allows a Tesla to charge at a CHAdeMO or CCS station. That wouldn't be of any use for, say, a Leaf or a Bolt that wants to charge at a Tesla station.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
What I would like to see is the other way around,Supercharger to DCFC! And a way to access their Network!
An adapter is easy, convincing Tesla to let you turn the machine on is hard. Tesla doesn't want any low life rabble parked at their shiny vision of the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts