Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my Bolt Premier in Oshawa, ON on Nov 7th.
I love this car!

In Ontario I got on my dealership's wait-list in Aug and miraculously was the only one at the time - GM picked up the order at the end of Sept - wait-list at my dealership is currently >14 people - I'm told it's a possibility some won't even receive a 2018 :(

I'm an engineer with GM and had a contact at the Orion plant snap some photos during the birth of my Bolt on Oct 20th and 23rd.

I'm at around 1800 km (1100mi) in my first month of ownership - still counting the tanks of gas saved.
No charging at home (renter); my goal is to only use free public/work charging.
Have my Chargepoint, Flo, and Greenlots cards (myEVroute on its way?).

I'm proud to be only the 2nd Bolt owner in GM's CTC engineering building - even more so because my group works on BEV and hybrids.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrats ! Since I got mine in April I've seen only one other Bolt - - a white one in Burlington. I'll certainly be on the lookout for your blue.

How does it feel to get a GM vehicle without a GM employee discount ? Don't worry, the pain wears off after a while especially when you keep loving the drive, you remember the dealer gave you a little bit better trade-in value because he pocketed full MSRP dealer gross on the Bolt, and you'll never forget the $14k taken right off your bill of sale.
;)

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Congratulations! You should be proud. The Bolt is the best EV available, to date, in North America*. Sorry Tesla. The Bolt is the Model T of the EV age. It does everything a car should do, and more, making owning a practical EV a possibility for most, if they only knew what really matters.

*I would say the 40 kWh Renault Zoe fits this description in Europe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome! There are a few of us on here from Durham region. We'll probably bump into each other at local free charging locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts