Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

BMW and Nissan have announced plans to deploy dual fast chargers across the US.

The chargers are compatible with any vehicles that have quick-charge ports, and are currently located in 19 states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New mexico, Nevada, New York, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

With BMW and Nissan rolling out these stations, I wonder how GM is involved in the building of infrastructure. Do they just get to benefit from the work of those companies, or are they doing something else separately from BMW and Nissan?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/12/bmw-nissan-team-up-to-deploy-dual-fast-chargers-across-us.html

·
Registered
264 Posts

BMW and Nissan have announced plans to deploy dual fast chargers across the US.

The chargers are compatible with any vehicles that have quick-charge ports, and are currently located in 19 states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New mexico, Nevada, New York, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

With BMW and Nissan rolling out these stations, I wonder how GM is involved in the building of infrastructure. Do they just get to benefit from the work of those companies, or are they doing something else separately from BMW and Nissan?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/12/bmw-nissan-team-up-to-deploy-dual-fast-chargers-across-us.html
well you can bet they'll be branded...

look dude its not an us vs them kind of thing. Manufacturers know that they need to collaborate to up the appetite for EV's.

GM doesn't really benefit, but it's clients do...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't say it was us vs them, I am just curious which companies are taking the lead and what other companies are doing to contribute. Chevy seems to be going pretty full throttle into EVs so I would assume that they would also be taking initiative when it comes to building infrastructure like this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There's a few companies who has provided most of the charging stations, their name escapes me at this moment but the car manufacturers could be in talk with them about adding more charging stations. We never really think of where the charging stations come from besides Tesla.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts