Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to marketing, doing what BMW did here acts as a great way to get many more eyeballs on its entry-level EV.

What are the chances we can expect Chevrolet to do something similar with the Bolt?

BMW has donated a number of i3 vehicles to New York City Parks.

As part of the TreesCount! 2015 program, the German automaker’s donation of 20 vehicles will allow staff and volunteers to easily travel throughout the five boroughs to map over 600,000 street trees, helping to ensure a greener future for the City of New York. This is part of NYC Parks’ effort to map and catalogue every street tree on every block in New York City. Other sponsors of the census include Whole Foods, AT&T, Amazon Web Services, Azavea, The Durst Organization, Histree, TreeKit and NewYork-Presbyterian.

This is the third tree census with the previous two done in 1995 and 2005. In the last census, there were 592,130 trees growing along New York City’s streets, marking a 19-percent increase compared to the 1995-1996 census.

“BMW’s vision for a more sustainable future aligns closely with New York City Parks’ TreesCount! mission,” said Manual Sattig, Head of Brand Strategy and Communication, BMW of North America. “We are proud to donate 20 BMW i3 vehicles to help the City collect data that will enable it to understand the environmental and economic benefits of the street trees and inspire a new generation of New Yorkers who care about their city.”

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is a great idea. Makes the city look good for having such a big green initiative. Good advertising for BMW. Getting electric vehicle fleets to places is a great way to increase visibility.

Chevy could definitely do something similar. In a different city but still to do with something green. I'd think fondly of them for it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New York is massive, Chevy can do just as well or better in NYC, even putting them right alongside i3 territory.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The irony is that in order to source the rare earth metals that make up the internals of its motor and battery who knows how many acres of forest were clear cut and subsequently strip mined.

Trees Count, INDEED...

(just saying)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some publication would do well for themselves to do that research and publish the numbers and breakdown of what it really costs to get an EV on the road. Good look at its environmental impact.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Some publication would do well for themselves to do that research and publish the numbers and breakdown of what it really costs to get an EV on the road. Good look at its environmental impact.
Can't do that as a member of the media you must support the over arching rhetoric. If you don't your site won't get linkbacks, your content won't be promoted and housewives from coast to coast will talk of how untrustworthy your publication is. Or worse they'll label you totally conservative. LOL >:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts