Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I forgot to post an introduction before I did anything else!

I'm Nikki, an ex-pat Brit now living in Portland Or. I'm married to the wonderful Kate and have two lovely kids... and two lovely dogs. :)

I've been doing the whole EV thing since 2007 and first fell in love with plug-in cars back when I was five in 1984!

For the past five years or so I've been the person behind the Transport Evolved website, and now blog and vlog full time about plug-in cars. Until recently, I drove a 2002 Toyota RAV4 EV, but had to exchange it for a Bolt EV when the RAV4 EV started to misbehave more frequently and it was apparent that it couldn't keep up with my daily driving duties any more. Additionally, I now have a family member down in a treatment facility some 250 miles from home, so having a longer-distance EV was helpful (we have a 2013 LEAF as well, haven't owned a gas car since 2015 -- a Volt -- and can't afford a Tesla ;) )

I'm a professional musician (oboist) by training, and spent the first ten or so years out of university teaching music and performing. I switched from music to EVs as my job around 2010. I still play, although only as a hobby.

I also dress up a little funny sometimes, entertaining people and raising money for charity at various events throughout the Pacific Northwest.

My Bolt EV is the latest in a line of plug -ins, including: 1998 City EL; 2005 Prius Plug-in Hybrid (home-made by me); 1984 Volkswagen Golf City Stromer (made by VW as an EV); G-Wiz (it was free); 2011 Nissan LEAF; 2012 Renault Twizy Z.E.; 2012 Chevy Volt (UK Spec); 2013 Nissan LEAF; and the 2002 RAV4 EV. I am leasing the Bolt EV for 15,000 miles per year for three years.

That's about it!

*waves*

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats and welcome.... If you're like most who have dabbled in past hybrids and plug-in, etc... you'll absolutely love the Bolt!

I'm a little intrigued by the following line in your bio:
"2005 Prius Plug-in Hybrid (home-made by me);"

I'd love to hear a bit about that if you wouldn't mind..... :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Nikki! I'm another of your YouTube subscribers, for the last year or so. I can't wait to see your long-term reviews of the Bolt.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I always watch your youtube videos and you provide a great voice for the EV revolution. All the Tesla fan boy youtube channels are nauseating to watch. Keep up the good work and most importantly, what color Bolt did you get?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the funny farm! There's always room for one more. :) And keep up with the great videos - really enjoy them!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome Nikki! Good to have seasoned EV veterans around here. I'll have to check out your channel. I'm sure you'll love the Bolt, I know I do.:)

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Nikki- I think you meant a 2012 RAV4 EV? That was basically a Tesla!
I'm sure she didn't. There have been two generations of RAV4 EVs. The first was back when the Saturn EV-1 was around as well as other compliance cars. Although I thought the last 1st Gen RAV4 EV was 2003? Toyota chose to let owners keep their Ravs instead of insisting on them back for destruction.

Over the years people have repaired and rebuilt those RAVs as they were the favorite of all EVs for awhile and commanded a hefty price on the used market. Then the iMiev, LEAF and Teslas, followed by the next generation of compliance cars came out and made those old RAVs pretty obsolete.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm sure she didn't. ...
Thanks. I stand corrected. l found Nikki's video on the RAV4 EV and it was fascinating. 80-Mile range? In 2002? Chevron oil purchased the battery design patent? I guess Chevron is still working out the kinks in their upcoming EV. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts