Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could we see the Bolt as a Cadillac? I would think so, considering ELR is Volt... but lets hope this time the transition is done with more grace...

General Motors Co.’s Cadillac is planning to roll out plug-in hybrid versions of several models as the division tries to match up with leading German luxury brands.

Cadillac is at the early stages of a $12 billion investment in models aimed at getting a bigger share of the profitable global luxury market, which is now dominated by Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen AG’s Audi and BMW AG’s namesake brand. That effort will include adding a plug-in hybrid option to some future models, said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. The cars will be able to drive using solely the electric motor, though they won’t have as much pure-electric range as a Chevrolet Volt, he said.

To really compete in luxury, Cadillac’s executives said the brand needs an electric-car story that shows it’s at the cutting edge of technology. Tesla Motors Inc. has become a leader in electric cars while all of the top German brands have plug-in hybrids on sale or coming soon. BMW sells an i3 electric car and an i8 plug-in hybrid.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-02/cadillac-plans-several-plug-in-models-to-build-tech-credibility

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just hope that if they make a Cadillac version of the Bolt it isn't as ridiculously priced as the ELR. Hopefully GM/Cadillac will have learnt from their experience with the ELR. I could see a Cadillac Bolt competing with the i3.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hope that if they make a Cadillac version of the Bolt it isn't as ridiculously priced as the ELR. Hopefully GM/Cadillac will have learnt from their experience with the ELR. I could see a Cadillac Bolt competing with the i3.
The ELR has come down in price for this year, with new styling and more POWAAA.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The price is definitely much more reasonable now. The Bolt just doesn't look like a Cadillac right now. Perhaps when I see it in production form I'll be able to envision it more. I'm not really sure if a Cadillac Bolt would be that successful. The shape of the car doesn't seem luxurious to me, and I don't know if it would fit into Cadillac's model lineup.

·
Registered
639 Posts
While it looks nothing like a cadillac they sure can use its platform for a future cadillac or its overall proportions and foundation.

Could be like a Buick Encore, but just electric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts