Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if GM is planning on making the Bolt available in Michigan anytime before September. According to some, September may be a little overly optimistic and November may be more realistic. I have checked with several big Chevrolet dealers in southeast Michigan and they do not have a clue. At this point they are not even taking orders. The lease on my Volt is up the end of June. I am willing to wait a couple of months, but at this point I am considering going to New York or Illinois(after July) to get one. Buying a car from out of state is not my first choice, but it may be the only option I have left. The other option is to get another Volt, which has been a great car for me. I just want to go "all electric" and drop the hybrid part.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Fred

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hi Fred, I'm sure a few members here felt your pain when they had to wait.
From this Chevy distribution chart, the Bolt should be available nationwide by September and ordering should open up in July for the last few states. Maybe your dealer will open up the ordering books in July, hopefully June.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
It seems some MI dealers (at least one) has "imported" Bolts from CA. Not sure if they are still considered new or not though. I'm guessing any Bolts brought to Michigan this way won't have any discounts. But if you are willing to pay MSRP, there seems to be at least a few Bolts in MI available for sale!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies. I have read that the supply of Bolts is catching up with demand in California, etc. This may be just so much hype, or it could mean that GM will start shipping Bolts to other states sooner. Yea, I know it is wishful thinking. It is a better option than stealing one off a car hauler on I-69 headed to Canada. I have actually considered going to the Chicago area in July and get one there, and drive it home. That's an exciting prospect, and I would be willing to make it a two day trip since I live about 275 miles from Chicago. On the other hand, it might be a good excuse for my wife to have me committed.
Fred

·
Registered
735 Posts
Too bad we don't have anyone on the inside to give intel otherwise we would have a better grip on whats going on. For all we know something could be holding back a bunch of these and then one day they start hitting dealers like a firing squad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine is being put on the truck Thursday from CA to AZ. Hoping for same day delivery! Pretty seamless process and got $2999.00 off MSRP.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Quick boltron1! You know SteveCaz's Bolt is in transit and ripe for the picking, so you don't need to grab one off a hauler on I-69. :D If you really have the time to take a fun 2 day road trip to pick up a Bolt from Chicago, I don't see why not aside from your wife commiting you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bolts in Michigan

It seems some MI dealers (at least one) has "imported" Bolts from CA. Not sure if they are still considered new or not though. I'm guessing any Bolts brought to Michigan this way won't have any discounts. But if you are willing to pay MSRP, there seems to be at least a few Bolts in MI available for sale!
You are correct. There is one dealer in Michigan that has the Bolt ev on his lot. He has five actually. Yes they did work out a special deal with a hauler to bring them to Michigan from California. I know it sounds crazy but that is what I was told. Also there is a $750 extra transportation charge tacked on to the price. They are not offering any leases and they were not sure about a lease pull ahead for me(I have 2 1/2 months left on mine). It was interesting because I had the feeling that I knew more about the Bolt than the salesman. He told me the company was sending an engineer to host a seminar about the Bolt for the sales staff. At this time they have no mechanic who have been trained in working on the Bolt. Still the salesman told me that there has been a lot of interest in the car and he had a guy coming from Toledo with cash in hand to buy one(he showed me the text). At this point I am not sure what I will do. I know that I will turn the Volt in when the lease is up. By then Michigan dealers should be taking orders. I can get along without a car for the summer, but I will have to make a decision by September. I am still thinking about going to Chicago and getting one there this summer. The idea of a 300 mile road trip home is appealing somehow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would you mind tell us which dealer you worked with in CA? I have had no luck with finding a CA dealer that will ship out of state or even let me fly to their dealership and drive it back home to CO?

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Would you mind tell us which dealer you worked with in CA? I have had no luck with finding a CA dealer that will ship out of state or even let me fly to their dealership and drive it back home to CO?
Rydell in Northridge will sell out of state. PM me if you want the sales rep I bought my Bolt from.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Auto Nation Chevy of Valencia. Will beat any price or discount available. PM me if you want sales rep I worked with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been talking to Rydell too. My wife wants to replace her 2011 Mini Countryman S ALL4 before something else bad happens to it (fuel pumps tend to fail in this car). Currently mulling over having them ship me a car from Cali to Tennessee. Can't do a lease since I don't live there but I do have family there to help me with the logistics. I'm told it will cost about $800 to ship it east on I-40.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought mine from Stewart Chevrolet in California. Being trucked to Ohio this week. Now THAT was an experience...navigating to find a reliable trucking company to bring it here to Columbus!

I am curious if I will be the first Bolt owner in my city...or state for that matter...! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts