Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Chevy dealer in Watsonville CA the other day and they have no Bolts. A sales person said they are sold as fast as they come in but they are having trouble getting them. Any one else see this happening at their local dealer?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I was at the Chevy dealer in Watsonville CA the other day and they have no Bolts. A sales person said they are sold as fast as they come in but they are having trouble getting them. Any one else see this happening at their local dealer?

Come to central Virginia. There are 85 within 75 miles of here, and many of those are a year old already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gjetson,

I'm not looking for one, I have one. Just surprised the dealer is having a hard time getting Bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I searched on autotrader here in Phoenix tonight and there are hardly any within 75 miles. Could be because people are still thinking the EV tax credit will go away in the final form of the tax bill.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
December is always a crazy month for EV sales - get those tax credits in for the year...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought mine on Black Friday in Southern California, same story. Almost no dealers had the configuration I wanted in stock and I had to put a deposit down in advance to hold one coming in. Talking to some of the guys there, there were a combination of factors causing this:

A) Bolt sales recently opened up nationally, so what stock is available is being spread around.
B) 2017 production had stopped (or was slowing towards as stop) and 2018 production hadn't yet begun
C) Chevy finally started offering some competitive lease deals (In most CARB states)
D) Fear that the Republican's would strip away the $7,500 federal rebate

So a perfect storm of supply and demand.

Reactions: drrjv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just signed for mine, waiting for delivery. Had to go 50 miles to a dealer in another county; he only had two unspoken for coming on the truck, the rest already sold. All the other dealers said there won't be any more until February.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The largest Chevy dealer in our area (upstate NY) has 6 left in stock according to the inventory link. Over the summer they had 20 - 40.
No idea how many of those six are actually still available for sale...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts