Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to upgrade an older bolt battery that gets an epa range of 239 miles by changing over to a new 2020 battery that gets 259?
Any expert knowledge would be appreciated?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I am almost positive it will work, but it would cost more than trading in your 2017 on a 2020.
Pretty much. There are rumors that the modules and sections from the 2020 Bolt EV pack are direct drop-in replacements for the modules and sections from the 2017 to 2019 packs, but I don't see how that's possible. The BMS also has a different part number. The rest of the battery might plug directly in, but I'm not sure about that.

If you simply want more range, then yes, the best option would be to trade in for a 2020, which has several other features that are missing from the 2017.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Is it possible to upgrade an older bolt battery that gets an epa range of 239 miles by changing over to a new 2020 battery that gets 259?
Any expert knowledge would be appreciated?
I'm am just guessing here the only conceivable way for a 66 kwh pack without paying huge $ after the fact is if it qualified for a warranty claim in the future and they no longer make the 60kwh packs. I'm hoping in the future of bolt they will offer a base 66kwh pack and an Ultium premium option for sale 100 kwh. I know ... Wishful thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts