Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

601 - 620 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
My uncle just got the check for the buy-back of his 2018 Bolt Premium. He was originally going to do the MSRP swap but they didn't have the Traverse van but they had the terms ready. He says they work out to about the same. With the MSRP swap, GM covers the sales tax and license fee but only considers your purchase price in the swap. With the buy-back, GM doesn't pay for sales tax but pays for the interest you paid on your car loan. It doesn't sound like there's much difference in the usage fee, can someone confirm that?
I'm in CA, and received the offer letter last week. With a cash buyback they DO include sales tax....as well as in the interest portion of any payments. The usage fee was $2700 for about 9,800 miles on my 2019. In short, I got paid everything I paid (including tax fees and interest), MINUS the usage fee. Cash buyback. Drove home a 2021 Monday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in CA, and received the offer letter last week. With a cash buyback they DO include sales tax....as well as in the interest portion of any payments. The usage fee was $2700 for about 9,800 miles on my 2019. In short, I got paid everything I paid (including tax fees and interest), MINUS the usage fee. Cash buyback. Drove home a 2021 Monday.
Paid, with 15K in incentives in CA, $23K for new 2021, plus $3K plus for fees/tax/license. I have a check for about $6,500K leftover plus new car. A swap would be a better idea, or a 2022 deal (since they'll be about $32K) if you're not getting that much back. In short, you do get your taxes back, but have to pay them again on the new car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got my cash offer, and have accepted it. $28200 for a 2018 with ~32500 miles on it.

I just signed the deal to buy a new 2021 Bolt with 13.5K in discounts. After taxes, I'll probably have paid an added $700-800 for the new one. But, I needed new tires on the old one anyhow, so I think its a pretty great deal. No more battery fire issue looming over it, and I get ~20 miles range and improved DC fast charging in colder conditions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For those with incoming offers, what are you replacing it with since everything is through the roof

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,135 Posts
For those with incoming offers, what are you replacing it with since everything is through the roof
There are still some 2021s on lots in So. CA. Mostly LTs. They're clearing them out with ~$11k in dealer incentives plus $3k from Costco (again). Every other new vehicle I've looked at is either made of unobtainium, or at MSRP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are still some 2021s on lots in So. CA. Mostly LTs. They're clearing them out with ~$11k in dealer incentives plus $3k from Costco (again). Every other new vehicle I've looked at is either made of unobtainium, or at MSRP.
Yes, its pretty wild I was looking at the Prime RAV4 I think its ridiculous what they are charging (7k market adjustment) wth..

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, there are LTs and Premiers in Sacramento, and with $14K incentives including the Costco $3K and additional $1.5K if you are GM owner (we all are) and yet another $1.5K off for CA clean car, that's like $17K off 2021s, or "only" $14K off if you can't go out and join Costco. ;) So looking at $24K to $21K (roughly) off a $38 or so LT or $41-44K Premier. Pretty sweet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, there are LTs and Premiers in Sacramento, and with $14K incentives including the Costco $3K and additional $1.5K if you are GM owner (we all are) and yet another $1.5K off for CA clean car, that's like $17K off 2021s, or "only" $14K off if you can't go out and join Costco. ;) So looking at $24K to $21K (roughly) off a $38 or so LT or $41-44K Premier. Pretty sweet.
I just got my $3000 cert from Costco Auto Program, now I'm just waiting for GM to show me the final offer on my 2017 Premier. Hopefully it'll be enough with what I have in savings currently (bought a slug of gold and silver over the past few years) with what GM cashes me out on the 2017 to come up with enough to get into a new Premier without making payments. If the dealer offers me enough in trade for my 2013 Golf TDI I won't have to take out a loan.

I've had the Golf up for sale, no nibbles so far, in 10 days. Might have to lower the price, currently at $14,995, right at the top of KBB for dealer listings. It's crazy how used car prices have risen. The car only has 43,000 on it, and just recently had the 40k service, an almost $800 bill. It also has the long term emissions warranty that is fully transferable. A year ago KBB listed it right at $10,500 for dealer's, $8,800 for private party.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you for letting me know about the Costco rebate! I just got my certificate for $1000 off my new 2022 Bolt 2LT. ($1K also applies to 2022 EUV).

It's due to arrive in San Diego tomorrow! However, Cynthia at GM said she can't issue my buy back because the factory has not issued the INVOICE. She said I'm the first 2022 through the repurchase program so everyone else is also waiting for their invoice.

The 2022 does not have the rear view camera in the mirror but it does have the HD surround. Also the rear doors don't have the little silver button on the handle to unlock/lock the doors 🥴, that's how they reduced the price by $5K?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I am in CA. I was charged $608 usage for 3084 miles.

The caveat is that I was a second owner and the 34220 miles on the car when I purchased were not considered in the equation either.
Wow, I guess if you're a CA resident, you should go buy a used 2017 then immediately initiate buyback. LOL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow, I guess if you're a CA resident, you should go buy a used 2017 then immediately initiate buyback. LOL
Why would you guess that? Did I say I bought it after the recall was announced?
Wow, I guess if you aren’t a CA resident, you should jump to the wrong conclusions about what Californians do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of the most annoying things about the new 2022 bolt is that the center armrest is no longer adjustable. Not a deal breaker obviously, just frustrating.

Friend just bought the 2022 and they sneakily put in 3 different warranty charges totaling up to $1,500. they tried to claim that it's free because the CA fuel reward is offered. Do not let them pull this on you. they're essentially trying to put the fuel reward discount in their pockets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of the most annoying things about the new 2022 bolt is that the center armrest is no longer adjustable. Not a deal breaker obviously, just frustrating.

Friend just bought the 2022 and they sneakily put in 3 different warranty charges totaling up to $1,500. they tried to claim that it's free because the CA fuel reward is offered. Do not let them pull this on you. they're essentially trying to put the fuel reward discount in their pockets.
Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
2017 LT upgraded to 2020 Premier
62 Posts
Thank you for letting me know about the Costco rebate! I just got my certificate for $1000 off my new 2022 Bolt 2LT. ($1K also applies to 2022 EUV).

It's due to arrive in San Diego tomorrow! However, Cynthia at GM said she can't issue my buy back because the factory has not issued the INVOICE. She said I'm the first 2022 through the repurchase program so everyone else is also waiting for their invoice.

The 2022 does not have the rear view camera in the mirror but it does have the HD surround. Also the rear doors don't have the little silver button on the handle to unlock/lock the doors 🥴, that's how they reduced the price by $5K?
GM removed the unlock/lock buttons on the rear doors since at least 2020 MY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why would you guess that? Did I say I bought it after the recall was announced?
Wow, I guess if you aren’t a CA resident, you should jump to the wrong conclusions about what Californians do.
I believe you misunderstood the intent of his statement. I think he was just making the point that in CA, a person could do that, and he wasn't talking about you in particular.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...Three hours later, I received a call letting me know that the final fix was available and asking if I needed help scheduling an appointment. I declined and told the rep. that I want to pursue a buyback. The rep. said no problem I can help with getting your case reviewed. She asked a few questions: current milage, purchase or lease, new or used. Confirmed my phone and promised a call 1 week from today with an update.
16 days later (today)I just heard from "Sarah" the person assigned to my case. She said it was still being reviewed and that no decision had been made. Says that she will contact me next week. Still rolling along.

601 - 620 of 650 Posts