Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 23 EUV Prem RedLine, 19 Audi Q7, 08 Mustang GT Vert.
116 Posts
I like the blue. And I think you can get away with putting the redline ones as a replacement, but only because the redline package is really just a color combo package, not performance. It’s a big no-no in the performance world to mis-badge. Put Mustang GT500 Snakes on your GT or god fore bid on your 6 banger pony package, and oh my, how the forums will roar with discontent. Lol.
In the EV section I saw an EV turned into an euro version Opel Ampera. The Opel logo is awesome, it’s an actual horizontal lightening bolt instead of a Bow tie. Talk about the perfect logo/badge for this car. It required a considerable amount of plastic to be changed and was probably expensive, but IMO very cool.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier Launch Edition
505 Posts
I like the blue. And I think you can get away with putting the redline ones as a replacement, but only because the redline package is really just a color combo package, not performance. It’s a big no-no in the performance world to mis-badge. Put Mustang GT500 Snakes on your GT or god fore bid on your 6 banger pony package, and oh my, how the forums will roar with discontent. Lol.
In the EV section I saw an EV turned into an euro version Opel Ampera. The Opel logo is awesome, it’s an actual horizontal lightening bolt instead of a Bow tie. Talk about the perfect logo/badge for this car. It required a considerable amount of plastic to be changed and was probably expensive, but IMO very cool.
Yes indeed. Posers putting an M badge on a non M Bimmer. Only the manufacture could bastardize their own badging. 😁

·
Registered
2017 Bolt with every possible option (it was the dealer show car)
734 Posts
I got the black Bow tie accessory. The front is a plastic assembly that pops off but the back on the glass is a plastic piece with a sticky rubber backing. Removal was with fishing line (included I think) that you slowly pull from one end to the other, which cleanly separates the piece. Then using a provided template you center and stick on the new one. Pretty simple, I’d assume the badges use the same sticky material so that might be a good approach.

And you could reattach if you change your mind I think.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you want to go completely custom, you design and 3d print (or have it printed) whatever you like in any color your like and/or paint the 3d print. It would take some sanding to get a 3d print to look like something OEM, but modelers do this all the time. Depends on your level of interest.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts