Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Bolt EUV Premier vs. LT - Which Features to Get

19K views 108 replies 34 participants last post by  BoltEUV 
#1 ·
Hey Team Bolt,

Just placed an order for a 2023 Premier EUV, but I am curious... What features did you get on your vehicle that you could do without? Likewise if you got an LT model which features do you miss the most that you wish you had?

The standard LT has a lot of excellent standard features; mostly I would miss leather seats and adding them gets you close to the price of the premier pretty quickly is why I chose the premier, but was wondering what other people's thoughts are on the different trim levels and features they could/couldn't live without.

Thanks so much for you time/attention!

Best,

-Nick

#2 ·
Bose system. Had one Bolt with it and one without it (both Premier models). Major difference. Would never buy another Bolt new or used without it.

Also would always get the heated seats / steering wheel. Many times here in CA during the winter, that's all we needed.

On our 2017 we had exterior buttons to unlock the doors front and back but on the 2021 they took the rear ones off. So we had no choice there but it was nicer with the 2017 to have buttons on both front and back exterior door handles.

Looking forward now to Equinox keeping all these things in mind.

#3 ·
@yeanick I got a 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV Premier w/Sun & Sound and I’m very pleased with it! I wanted the panoramic moonroof specifically because I drive part time for Uber in Chicago and I think it’s fun for my passengers to be able to look up and see the skyscrapers👍🏻 The Bose system is also very nice. Leather seats are also a must for easier cleaning. The heated & ventilated front seats are nice, and the heated rear outboard seats will probably come in handy in a few months. The only Premier-level option I skipped was SuperCruise. I didn’t think I’d use it too much and really didn’t want to spend the extra $2,200 for it. Obviously people’s wants/needs vary, but that’s my two cents worth🙂

- Tim

#12 ·
@yeanick I got a 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV Premier w/Sun & Sound and I’m very pleased with it! I wanted the panoramic moonroof specifically because I drive part time for Uber in Chicago and I think it’s fun for my passengers to be able to look up and see the skyscrapers👍🏻 The Bose system is also very nice. Leather seats are also a must for easier cleaning. The heated & ventilated front seats are nice, and the heated rear outboard seats will probably come in handy in a few months. The only Premier-level option I skipped was SuperCruise. I didn’t think I’d use it too much and really didn’t want to spend the extra $2,200 for it. Obviously people’s wants/needs vary, but that’s my two cents worth🙂
What’s your overall feedback on the car so far? Any issues or complaints?- Tim

#39 ·
The adaptive Cruise comes with Premier and extra on LT... that is the cats meow. I set the Cruise even in the local driving and when it gets too close it slows down and when they move away it kicks back up to the Cruise settings... One pedal driving is also the bomb... first charge tonight for mine that I got last week. Estimated miles / range came out to about 310 with conservative city driving so I am happy. Still a little worried about going 265 to my cabin. I think I may make it because half is a speed limit of 55 which should give me good range... the other half is 70 MPH from which I am reading eats a lot of battery. Wisconsin just got a ton of fed money for DC fast chargers on the way to my cabin so I am hoping that there is one near a culvers... a butter burger and a half hour to get my 100 miles of insurance charge to make my run work!

#9 ·
You never use the rearview camera? You mean the digital one in the rearview mirror? I agree - I have a subaru with it and it looks weird when we use and generally don't use it much. But the backup camera and 360 camera are pretty legit? That's good to hear.

I'm also looking forward to adaptive cruise... :)

#13 ·
Super Cruise is a fantastic option. Heat and cooled leather are a must as well as heated steering wheel.

The Sun and Sound package is good to have. Those two items are the only luxury options here. In which I mean they don't make your vehicle any more comfortable. They're good to have but if my vehicle didn't come with them, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Since the Bolt is the value leader of all EV, I would recommend loading it up with every option imaginable. A fully loaded Bolt is still less expensive than every other mainstream EV sold in the US. So why not splurge?

#14 ·
I just picked up my EUV yesterday, but first impression- the cloth seats are scratchy. I will be purchasing seat covers that run under $200 for all seats. I purchased them for a Sorento and they fit great and will eliminate the scratchy fabric feeling. Otherwise, my LT had the convenience package. I would not go without that.

#16 ·
Heated seats and heated steering wheel were on my "had to have list" the one I ended up with was on order at the dealership, so I didn't have a choice, but it worked out fine. Ended up with the blue color I wanted, EUV Premier with all the bells and whistles including the super cruise ( which I don't think I will ever use). Had it about 3 months now and love it!

#17 ·
The 2LT option for the EUV will get you most of the good stuff, but it’s not a lot more for a premier. And then it’s a couple grand more for the Sun and Sound package to have almost everything. Super Cruise is going to load another 2.7k to the price, and that is where I drew the line. I like to drive (and don’t think I trust outside help), and it’s a subscription after 3 years, and I can see where someone who commutes through bumper-to-bumper traffic would consider it a blessing.

I like the camera app. I don’t think it will be on a car without the “bird’s eye view.” It’s great for pulling up to a tall curb, or maneuvering in a tight location, backing up to a wall etc.

The sunroof is very nice. It’s the best I have had. Fair warning about having all the goodies: it just might spoil you for life, and the next thing we know, we are going to be buying a Cadillac. GM is very crafty at slowly moving us up the ladder (price ladder LOL) because the luxury of being pampered while driving is like an addiction 😍

#25 · (Edited)
We had a 2018 Volt Premier with the Bose, then went to a 2021 Bolt LT without. Now we have an EUV with the Bose. I didn't really miss the Bose, and now that we have it again, I remember why. The bass is pretty muddy and poorly defined. I turned it down a bit. The mid and treble don't sound much better than with the standard stereo. My wife loves the sunroof though.

As for the Super Cruise we now have that too, and may not get much use of it. However, what seems to be universally ignored, is that it's a package. Included in the Super Cruise package, is Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. This means you get Emergency Braking that works above 50 mph. Super Cruise and EAEB both require a radar system in addition to the cameras. In the Bolt, no Super Cruise, no EAEB.

#27 · (Edited)
Got a 2023 Premier with Sun and Sound ordered. Living in Central Mississippi I chose the Premier for the ventilated seats alone. Father in law has a Hyundai Santa Fe with them and the first time I used them was life changing. The sun roof is just purely cause I like sun roofs. Had a 2005 Accord V6 & a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor with one, and my wife's Pilot has one now. Plus the kids like to stick their heads out of 'em in car rider line at school. I listen to NPR on the radio, but I guess with car play and the Bose I can pretend I'm in high school again and blast Oasis around town to embarass my kids while reliving high school.

Wasn't that much interested in the Super Cruise since this is gonna be my short work commute and our around town errands car. The Pilot is awesome on road trips. Super comfortable and has the rear entertainment system for the kids.

Edit: oh.. .and the remote start, from the app... I hope that works as well as I want it to. Uncovered black asphalt parking lot at work. In 100 degree summers that suuuucckkkkkssss. Hoping to be able to start it up on the phone before heading down the elevator.

#28 ·
Father in law has a Hyundai Santa Fe with them and the first time I used them was life changing.
I will say the vented seats in my Kia Niro worked better (cooler) than the Bolt seats. But still worth it in my opinion. I think the Kia (and probably Hyundai as well) pulled the air from the duct feeding the rear seats, so if the A/C was running the air was quite cool.

Reactions: Billshearer
#34 · (Edited)
2022 Premier EUV here with Sun & Sound package. Love the Bose, sun roof is nice…until it might leak someday. Really like the adaptive cruse and ventilated seats. Did not get Super Cruise; kind of glad. Dont care for the idea of subscribing to keep that feature after the three years are up. Ditched OnStar even before the trial was over…terrible customer service and they tried to gouge us on the subscription rate.

We’re loving the car as we have it now.

#35 ·
I have a premier with sun & sound, and I am liking everything so far. Right now I am looking at a 2LT EUV for my wife, and it’s got the convenience package @ $1695 for leather and ventilated seats delete, which brings the price in at $29,585. It’s got the comfort and drivers confidence packages or is otherwise a basic LT, and looks like one. No anthracite wheels, so this might be the car to put aftermarket wheels on. I am of the mind that all Bolt wheels are heavy.

I have decided to get this car and have it earmarked for me. The build date is in the second half of October, so it just might arrive just after January 1. Don’t care too much about that, it’s eligible for $7500 in CA clean air rebates.

Seems like a good compromise between a stripper and a bloated has everything. And I already have a “almost everything,” so we will have both available.

#41 ·
I leased a 2020 Equinox for 24 months that leased termed. GM put a do not sale on the Bolt, I had to buy out my lease. I missed the GM Finance $1000 early lease termination rebate plus I miss the "Current GM Lease Rebate"
Talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time GM
The navigation system in the Equinox works great for me. I can only find a 2022/23 Bolt with the entertainment center but no navigation. Will buying a navigation map SD card enable the navigation system to function or is it more complicated?

#50 ·
Can anyone comment on the Navigation on the Bolt? Ive got Navigation in my Subaru and it's practically worthless. Have to type in exact address or it doesn't do anything - been using google.maps for navigation forever. Waze isn't bad too - but I find Google maps less distracting.

Anyways, it would be great if the navigation was functional and could understand my voice as my Subaru cannot - no matter how perfectly I speak it just doesn't work.

#54 ·
I tried the on-board Nav while it is free. It doesn’t drop as much as Apple Maps, but it was kind of “sucky” comparatively. I am sticking with CarPlay.

I dumped Waze years ago because it is much too distracting for my tastes. I don’t like to be asked every couple miles to update current traffic status. I also don’t want to be asked if I want to modify my route every few minutes either. (Cue sound of toilet flushing).

#62 ·
Anyone have the $450 glowing charge port? Is there a reason it's so **** expensive? Anyone just put an LED light on the inside cover on case you need light there?
see my dog collar solution in this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.