Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, New to post but have been reading the forums for a while. Been waiting anxiously for the Bolt to arrive here in the Chicago area.

Good News for you folks here in the Chicago area, Apple Chevy has two red Bolt EV LT models in. Unfortunately they are only for test drives but it gives everyone a chance to take one for a spin.

Ordering starts next month but hopefully dealers will start to get a few in for sale before that July time frame.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the fold! Glad to know that the forum is helping both members and readers alike.
What trim and color are you planning to get the Bolt in?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Still a toss up between the LT and Premier. Leaning toward Knetic Blue but the Red one I drove at Apple Chevy looked good as well.
I put it though its paces. I'm 6'2 240lbs and seats feel fine to me. Love the One Pedal driving in L mode.
Plenty of room for my use. Had the Wife with me she liked driving it as well. This would be our first EV and I wanted a true electric.
I'm 60 miles( 120 round trip) from downtown Chicago and need to travel in a couple times a week. If I can do that on a single charge I'm Happy.

I looked at the Leaf, (doesn't appeal), drove the I3( didn't like the looks/ skinny tires, nor the way it drove), Tesla, Well... I'm not a sedan guy and the Model X is out of range.

Lots of very good info on this forum. Folks like me( who have to wait a bit still) surely appreciate the driving details, technical reviews and purchase info from you folks who've had the cars for the last few months.

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Thanks, Still a toss up between the LT and Premier. Leaning toward Knetic Blue but the Red one I drove at Apple Chevy looked good as well.
I put it though its paces. I'm 6'2 240lbs and seats feel fine to me. Love the One Pedal driving in L mode.
Plenty of room for my use. Had the Wife with me she liked driving it as well. This would be our first EV and I wanted a true electric.
I'm 60 miles( 120 round trip) from downtown Chicago and need to travel in a couple times a week. If I can do that on a single charge I'm Happy.

I looked at the Leaf, (doesn't appeal), drove the I3( didn't like the looks/ skinny tires, nor the way it drove), Tesla, Well... I'm not a sedan guy and the Model X is out of range.

Lots of very good info on this forum. Folks like me( who have to wait a bit still) surely appreciate the driving details, technical reviews and purchase info from you folks who've had the cars for the last few months.
Welcome! Your commute should be no problem even in the winter time. If you do get the LT like I did, opt for the driver comfort and convenience package so you can get the heated seats and steering wheel. You will no doubt get more use out of it than I will!

·
Registered
36 Posts
You raise an interesting point. Why did Chevy not send some Bolts to dealers in states they are not available in yet. Test drives only. Generate some interest early. AZ residents can order in May for July delivery. Chevy could have given some Bolts to dealers in March or April.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
But... Chevy did send Bolts to states where they aren't being sold at yet. Didn't OP say that they have two there for test drives only and ordering starts next month for them?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have my name on several Chevy dealer's list for a Bolt "on lot" alert. I know a Phoenix dealer had one for 2 days. It was only because they brought it over from their CA store. Given the fact that some Chevy salesman gave me a good old midwest "deer in the headlight" stare when I asked them about the Bolt, I better start calling around again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have my name on several Chevy dealer's list for a Bolt "on lot" alert. I know a Phoenix dealer had one for 2 days. It was only because they brought it over from their CA store. Given the fact that some Chevy salesman gave me a good old midwest "deer in the headlight" stare when I asked them about the Bolt, I better start calling around again.

@timekpr1, Getting from CA dealer can be an option if you don't want to wait, like some AZ folks did recently. I think $350 to get it shipped to AZ. For me, I plan to wait and see if there is further price drop in next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am hoping for better lease pricing soon. I want to just sit in one. A member here who has one in Phoenix is willing to let me come look at his. I will take him up on the offer when I get back from MT next week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Please keep me informed if you get any good lease deals. I may jump in too! Please send me PM (personal message), I cannot PM yet due to not enough posts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Folks, New to post but have been reading the forums for a while. Been waiting anxiously for the Bolt to arrive here in the Chicago area.

Good News for you folks here in the Chicago area, Apple Chevy has two red Bolt EV LT models in. Unfortunately they are only for test drives but it gives everyone a chance to take one for a spin.

Ordering starts next month but hopefully dealers will start to get a few in for sale before that July time frame.
Hi. I'm new to the forum and have been following the release of the Bolt in the Chicago Area also. I am a North sider and have not found a local dealer that has received any Bolts. I may have to take a ride south to check it out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi. I'm new to the forum and have been following the release of the Bolt in the Chicago Area also. I am a North sider and have not found a local dealer that has received any Bolts. I may have to take a ride south to check it out.
Have you tried to get on a list of some sort so you can be contacted? I bet some dealers are willing to do that but this far into the process odds many are ahead of you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi bbg523, the heated steering wheel is awesome if you are going to be a cold-weather commuter. Pre-conditioning the car to your desired comfort level, e.g. getting it heated up or cooled off while still plugged in, is great. It's pretty easy to do - you just turn the car on, having previously set the climate controls to your preferences before you turned it off. This can be done manually or with an app on your phone. If you are using a level 2 (240V) charger at your residence, it will provide enough juice so that the pre-conditioning doesn't drain the battery. Here in Boston area, as in Chicago, we get some extremes of weather...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's worth the trip down for the test drive. They are collecting a list of folks who come in to gauge interest to help get them cars sooner.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Heated Steering, I agree is a must for the winter driving. I have put in the 240V outlet in the garage so I'm Ready and Waiting. Like the App for Preconditioning. I wish the LT offered the armrest & heated rear seats in the back seat for my occasional passengers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you tried to get on a list of some sort so you can be contacted? I bet some dealers are willing to do that but this far into the process odds many are ahead of you.
Last week I called several dealers and was able to get on their list. Today I was able to order a Bolt with a down payment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's worth the trip down for the test drive. They are collecting a list of folks who come in to gauge interest to help get them cars sooner.
I was able to order a Bolt today with a fully refundable deposit from a dealer near me. I will try to get down to Tinley Park for a test drive soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Folks Bill Kay in Lisle/Naperville has them for sale. They bought a bunch from a California dealer.

I stopped by today. The Red Premier and the Light blue LT are sold. Several are Low End LTs with no heated seats or steering wheel. Only a Black LT and the White Premier have the Heated Functions.

Also on a lease deal they are only giving $1250 back on CCR for the $7500 Fed credit the lease company gets....Hmmm not a good lease deal.

I want one but not that desperate.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts