Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am down at Disney World this week and happened upon a Chevy Bolt at Test Track! Cool! I can test fit the family! Pull door handle, locked! They said it's the only one in Florida and wouldn't let us in no matter how much we pleaded... grr. I'm not buying this car without test driving but GM isn't making the process easy.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of GM making it hard, just Epcot. I'd expect Florida being a sunny state to have more than one Bolt.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yea.. I don't think it's GM that screwed that process over for yah. I'm sure there's not much longer until they start showing up more readily available. Have you spoken to any dealers to see when they'll be coming in?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Florida is slated to get the Bolt in July. Ordering starts in May.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea.. I don't think it's GM that screwed that process over for yah. I'm sure there's not much longer until they start showing up more readily available. Have you spoken to any dealers to see when they'll be coming in?
There is 1 coming about an hour away from me but it isn't available to test drive as it was one ordered by an employee but they aren't getting some sort of employee pricing on them so he's not sure if he'll buy it. That's the only one I've found so far within about 2 hrs of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it's a matter of GM making it hard, just Epcot. I'd expect Florida being a sunny state to have more than one Bolt.
It's Chevy's display, they dictate the access to the vehicles, not anything to do with Disney or Epcot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bolt sitting all locked up at Epcot *sad face*, also they stuck it in a back corner as you come out of Test Track, you literally have to do a U-Turn in order to see it, probably gets overlooked by tons of people...They really don't seem very interested in promoting this vehicle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Bolt sitting all locked up at Epcot *sad face*, also they stuck it in a back corner as you come out of Test Track, you literally have to do a U-Turn in order to see it, probably gets overlooked by tons of people...They really don't seem very interested in promoting this vehicle.
Was there a GM person there to attend the car? If not, I totally understand why they have it locked. It's the same in the Mall, or at Costco when they have new cars on display. They're always locked. People are animals.

If there was somebody there, then the reason could have been that the car actually was spoken for, but a local dealer was tasked with providing it. If you or I had ordered a Bolt, likely we wouldn't want thousands of people in and out of it prior to us picking it up.

Now if it was just a GM fleet car and they had an attendant, then yeah it's stupid that they wouldn't let you in under supervision. I had a bit of that at the LA Auto Show last year. For some inexplicable reason, they would not allow me to open the hood and look at what's in there. To this day I have no idea why as it was a fully functioning production car. What were they hiding??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was there a GM person there to attend the car? If not, I totally understand why they have it locked. It's the same in the Mall, or at Costco when they have new cars on display. They're always locked. People are animals.

If there was somebody there, then the reason could have been that the car actually was spoken for, but a local dealer was tasked with providing it. If you or I had ordered a Bolt, likely we wouldn't want thousands of people in and out of it prior to us picking it up.

Now if it was just a GM fleet car and they had an attendant, then yeah it's stupid that they wouldn't let you in under supervision. I had a bit of that at the LA Auto Show last year. For some inexplicable reason, they would not allow me to open the hood and look at what's in there. To this day I have no idea why as it was a fully functioning production car. What were they hiding??
The Post-Ride area at Test Track usually has at LEAST 3-4+ attendants answering questions, watching the cars, wiping off fingerprints, re-opening the doors of (other) vehicles to invite people to look in. These appear to be GM/Chevrolet employees. The car is staying at Epcot, it's not being delivered to anyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From a Chevy response to my inquiry about this on another forum, it appears they have changed this policy and are now allowing guests access to the interior of the vehicle at Test Track. I cannot confirm this first-hand.

·
Registered
334 Posts
From a Chevy response to my inquiry about this on another forum, it appears they have changed this policy and are now allowing guests access to the interior of the vehicle at Test Track. I cannot confirm this first-hand.
Update: Leaving Disney now.

The Test Track Bolt is open and you can get inside and sit. Also, it is positioned along the outer edge so everyone exiting Test Track will walk right past.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Update: Leaving Disney now.

The Test Track Bolt is open and you can get inside and sit. Also, it is positioned along the outer edge so everyone exiting Test Track will walk right past.
And for anyone who cannot visit EPCOT just to look at the Bolt, try your local Chevy dealer, and see it for free (EPCOT is costly!).;)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For a moment, I was thinking this was about racing a Bolt on a test track. Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts