Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://leasehackr.com/blog/2016/11/21/bolt-ev-lease-program-announced-309-month

Need all 3 asterisks. The leasehackr offer has a $309 payment and assumes people in CA put down $2,500, which a CA resident would eventually get back in the form of a state rebate. I converted it into a $0 down lease, and get $406 as the $0 down monthly, excluding the CA rebate. This deal also assumes a $1k dealer discount. Only CA and OR residents will be eligible for the $2,500 lease cash, it seems. This is for a barebones LT.

Assuming a fully loaded Premier with premium paint + fast charging and same $1k dealer discount, we get a $0 down monthly payment of $500/month, excluding CA rebate.

Trim $70/month off the bolded figures if you want the after-CA rebate effective monthly ($336 for LT, $430 for loaded Premier)

Suffice to say, the Bolt ain't gonna be cheap to lease! Buying seems to be the clear cut better option.

EDIT: just found out the $2,500 CCR/lease cash also applies for CT,MA,MD,ME,NJ,NH,NY,RI,VT residents in addition to CA/OR.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I came to the same conclusion and will probably just buy the car. The terms of this lease as described are not close to those I was offered for my 2013 Leaf ($2K down and $230/month.)

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I need a lease that gives me 24K miles a year. Otherwise I'll just have to buy it...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Considering my SparkEV lease is $89/mo, and the Bolt is NOT anywhere close to costing twice as much, I'll pass. It looks like I will be waiting at least 2 years before owning a Bolt (I'll wait for the early lease returns to start trickling in).

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to lease because of little taxable income. I really want the Bolt's range and power, but may end up with the much cheaper 2016 Leaf SV, if it looks like I won't even get a crack at leasing a Bolt in time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For me, the goal is a Bolt specifically, because it's the all-electric equivalent of my Ford C-Max Hybrid: a weird blend of hot hatch, cushy commuter, and spacious people-mover, with enough range for real trips. The Leaf, eGolf, Soul EV etc are nice enough but an 80-120 mile EV with a 0-60 time of 10-12 seconds is not going to take the place of a Bolt; I'd sooner hang on to my C-Max, especially because I'm aware that I'm at a hugely dumb point in its depreciation curve to trade. It takes an exciting vehicle to prompt a dubious decision. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts