Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

Woulld you pay extra for a dash cam? If "Yes" - How much extra?

• YES

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • NO

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • YES - $100 extra

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • YES - $200 extra

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • YES - $300 extra.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Bolt EV has surround vision, why doesn't Chevy include a dash cam?

The dash cam is available in the Cadillac CT6, and it looks like the Bolt has the same hardware minus the recorder - see the article here:

Oops. This forum won't let this post include a link. So just search on this text and you'll find the article: "Cadillac CT6's surround-view cameras can act like a dashcam".

·
Registered
104 Posts

The dash cam is available in the Cadillac CT6, and it looks like the Bolt has the same hardware minus the recorder - see the article here:
Yes, I was hoping for the CT6 recording capability also but the Bolt EV does not have it. I think the CT6 is the first car to do so. This is a really obvious idea so I'm hoping this will become a routine feature or option soon.

Even though both the CT6 and Bolt EV have a similar surround view feature I'm not sure if they really use the same hardware or part supplier to implement it.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts

The dash cam is available in the Cadillac CT6
New features are always introduced in the upscale models and then migrate their way down the food chain. Gotta hold something back to make next year's models more compelling than this year's.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well, the CT6 does start at $53k. I assume some of that cost covers things like an integrated dash cam and more expensive surround view camera than what is used in the Bolt.

I may be willing to pay an extra $200 for one, but any more than that and you may as well get a separate one from the electronics store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts