Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

Woulld you pay extra for a dash cam? If "Yes" - How much extra?

• YES

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • NO

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • YES - $100 extra

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • YES - $200 extra

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • YES - $300 extra.

Votes: 3 25.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the Bolt EV has surround vision, why doesn't Chevy include a dash cam?

The dash cam is available in the Cadillac CT6, and it looks like the Bolt has the same hardware minus the recorder - see the article here:

Oops. This forum won't let this post include a link. So just search on this text and you'll find the article: "Cadillac CT6's surround-view cameras can act like a dashcam".

·
Registered
104 Posts
If the Bolt EV has surround vision, why doesn't Chevy include a dash cam?

The dash cam is available in the Cadillac CT6, and it looks like the Bolt has the same hardware minus the recorder - see the article here:
Yes, I was hoping for the CT6 recording capability also but the Bolt EV does not have it. I think the CT6 is the first car to do so. This is a really obvious idea so I'm hoping this will become a routine feature or option soon.

Even though both the CT6 and Bolt EV have a similar surround view feature I'm not sure if they really use the same hardware or part supplier to implement it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well, the CT6 does start at $53k. I assume some of that cost covers things like an integrated dash cam and more expensive surround view camera than what is used in the Bolt.

I may be willing to pay an extra $200 for one, but any more than that and you may as well get a separate one from the electronics store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts