Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Awards are handed out annually by Automobile Magazine to the most-compelling new cars brought to market and this year, the Chevrolet Bolt made it onto the list contenders.

Out of the numerous new cars, only 23 were selected and the list features cars from a wider variety of segments including sports cars, luxury SUVs and sedans. There’s no set amount of awards handed out every year as only seven cars were honored last year and ten in 2015. The list of winners this year could be even shorter for all we know.

Automobile editor-in-chief Mike Floyd stated last year that the judges are looking for a “select group of vehicles with style, class, importance, and desirability.” It’s no surprise that the Bolt EV managed to make it onto the list as a contender since the game-changing vehicle is first affordable long range electric vehicle to hit the market.

Automobile was sent an optioned out, Cajun Red Bolt Premier for testing with features like heated seats, leather upholstery, lane-change alert, ear-parking assist, a $485 infotainment package and a $495 Driver Confidence II package.

So far, the All-Stars panel seems quite taken with the Bolt. One contributor liked the interior design and materials while another thinks the “exterior is high-tech and funky, yet cute.”

We’ll know if the Bolt EV takes home another award tomorrow as the winners will be announced during the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As expected, the Bolt won. It drives better than expected and it's long range.
This pretty much sums the Bolt up.
“Such a **** good car and absolutely deserving of the All-Star designation.”

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's great! Once I get my order number confirmed they really need to get the word out!! LoL

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just adding to the list of trophies. As if anyone thought the Bolt wouldn't come out on top. The only thing... don't call my car cute ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yeah keep backing up until you hear the crunch!! LoL
That really happened to my wife after backing our new Chevy Equinox into a "STOP" sign just a few days after buying it!! After I read all the comments about this, I was roaring with laughter because I remembered it.:D

EDit: Here is the link to the finalists:
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-automobile-magazine-all-stars/
But I find it heartbreaking that an American automobile magazine only chose one American brand car, which is the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV. All the others are imports!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts