Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...at-329-monthly

Previously, only residents of the handful of states that received Bolts initially could lease, but now anyone in the country can lease a Bolt for $329/month, $3,809 down, 15k miles/year. 10k or 12k miles/year would be slightly cheaper. A 10k miles/year lease would probably bring the monthly payment down below $300/month (not factoring in the money up front).

Obviously, the lease deal is better for CARB-state residents (only $1,559 down versus $3,809 due to an extra $2,250 lease cash on the hood).

I believe the article is off though. The extra $2,250 lease cash available in CA is offered by GMF and is NOT the same as the $2,500 CA state rebate. That is completely separate that brings the costs down even more.

Plus, keep in mind the national lease offer assumes MSRP pricing. Lop off the $2-3k some volume CA dealers are offering, and the lease offer becomes even cheaper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The LEASES might be available nationwide, but the cars are not. A CA dealer told me tonight, he was not permitted to write a lease for a non-California resident. "Nationwide" is very misleading in this title.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I spoke to GM Corporate yesterday and told me I cannot buy a Bolt from a CA dealer and register it in CO. Even though the CA dealers are flooded with unsold Bolts and none in CO yet, GM is protecting our local dealers! My only option seems to pay MSRP, which doesn't seem right.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I spoke to GM Corporate yesterday and told me I cannot buy a Bolt from a CA dealer and register it in CO. Even though the CA dealers are flooded with unsold Bolts and none in CO yet, GM is protecting our local dealers! My only option seems to pay MSRP, which doesn't seem right.
From what I've been told, you CAN buy from a CA dealer...only thing is it needs to be "registered" in CA. So you'd need to pay the CA reg fees. That could jack with any CO state rebates though. Safest bet is to wait to buy a Bolt till they show up at CO dealers it seems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From what I've been told, you CAN buy from a CA dealer...only thing is it needs to be "registered" in CA. So you'd need to pay the CA reg fees. That could jack with any CO state rebates though. Safest bet is to wait to buy a Bolt till they show up at CO dealers it seems.
Thanks "Bro1999. Actually I have taken your suggestion and ordered one today from a volume Chevy dealer here in CO. As they say "Patience is a virtue"... it comes in mid June.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This should move inventories and get them back on track. Most EV "owners" are lessors anyway, and Nissan is offering big incentives to clear out their inventories in preparation for the Leaf II.

For me, I think this will be the way to go. I doubt a Tesla Model 3 would be available to me before three years anyway, and I like the idea of a supporting dealer network.

I read folks are waiting for what's next, but what is next? The new Leaf follows the Prius anime styling contortions. BMW, VW, and Hyundai may get a range bump ... but the next wave of EVs is years away.

At first, I was disappointed in the watering down of the Bolt's styling, but it has grown on me, and while I'd really like the concept's panoramic roof, I can't bring myself to get a Camaro SS for a sunroof, especially when it puts out 10,000-12,000 pounds of CO2/year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was told the same thing. For my state (TN), there are no EV incentives, which is strange since Nissan Leafs are assembled here. So buying in California won't have an effect to hinder an incentive in my state.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I had a feeling it would come down to that given the current state of the EV market, too bad Chevy didn't release this even a coupe years back since the market was better positioned for incentives. The presidential administration in charge might have something to do with that as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts