Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We’re still waiting for the Bolt EV configuration page to go live, but until then, potential buyers can take a look at the order guide for a list of features, equipment and options.

Chevrolet certainly hasn’t held back on standard equipment for the Bolt, not even on the base LT model. Starting at $37,495 or, $29,995 after taking federal tax credits into account, the LT trim will come with a plethora of standard equipment including; driver and front passenger knee airbags, remote vehicle start, OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, 10.2-inch MyLink infotainment system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Sirius XM, six-speaker audio system with an AUX jack, 120-volt portable charge cord, 7.2 kW high-voltage charger and more.

With a starting price of $40,905 plus a $875 destination charge, the Premier model is equipped with a few additional features like heated rear seats, rear camera mirror, Surround Vision with bird’s eye view, rear center armrest, side mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, rear cargo double floor storage, and 18-inch wheels.

Unfortunately, fast charging does not come standard even if you decide to go for the Premier trim. That’s a bit disappointing considering how important recharge speed is to EV owners, something that would have placed the Bolt EV ahead of Tesla’s Model 3 is going to cost an additional $750.

Other than that, the Bolt EV will come with four optional packages: Driver Confidence Package which is available on LT and standard on Premier, same with the Comfort and Convenience Package, and both the Infotainment and Driver Confidence II Packages are only available on the Premier trim.

You can check out the full Order Guide PDF below for more information.

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Order Guide

·
Registered
862 Posts
Also worth noting the prerequisites on the Driver Confidence Packages.

LT packages:

WPU - Comfort and Convenience Package, includes (KA1) heated driver and front
passenger seats, (UVD) heated steering wheel, (N34) 3-spoke leather-wrapped
steering wheel and (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror

WPR - Driver Confidence Package, includes (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane
Change Alert, (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist
Requires (WPU) Comfort and Convenience Package.

Premier (LTZ) packages:

WPX - Driver Confidence II Package, includes (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic
Braking, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, (UEU) Forward
Collision Alert, (UE4) Following Distance Indicator, (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking
and (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
Requires (JSA) Infotainment Package.

JSA - Infotainment Package, includes (UQA) Bose premium 6-speaker system, (K4C)
Wireless Charging for devices and (USS) USB charging-only ports (2) for rear passengers

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Why doesn't the premier trim have a rear vision camera? It says not available on the standard list of equipment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Bazinga": The rear vision camera is there. On the "Interior" page, Code UVH (Surround Vision) states that it includes rear vision camera and is Standard on the Premier.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Disappointed that with all the high tech features, adaptive cruise control is not available ???
Saving that for the 2019 MY along with a heat pump?

Have to give early adopters d=some reason to upgrade!

·
Registered
106 Posts
sad about the Surround Vision only being available within a package that requires another package that has items i do not want.
oh well, i guess i'll just be turning my head like i do now, and also installing the small bubble mirrors on the side mirrors

·
Registered
862 Posts
sad about the Surround Vision only being available within a package that requires another package that has items i do not want.
oh well, i guess i'll just be turning my head like i do now, and also installing the small bubble mirrors on the side mirrors
Surround Vision is standard on the Premier and not available in any option package.

When you mention the bubble mirrors and head turning, are you referring to wanting the blind spot warning and lane change alert in Driver Confidence I (on the LT/base model)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate when they requite certain equipment to have other equipment which has no bearing at all on it. If they package them together, you should be able to get one package, and not the other. Also I feel like they should be offering the leather interior as a stand alone option. Why should I have to have a leather interior to be able to get the additional safety features?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disappointed that with all the high tech features, adaptive cruise control is not available ???
Saving that for the 2019 MY along with a heat pump?

Have to give early adopters d=some reason to upgrade!
Good point. I can understand that. Although it's going to be a great vehicle, I think I'll wait for the next model year upgrade. And who knows, by then we may have competetition from other manufacturers:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Talking about Surround Vision. I sure hope with its wide angle view helps enough to negate the rather large C pillar. The older I get the more I appreciate good visability. In all directions!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Surround Vision is standard on the Premier and not available in any option package.

When you mention the bubble mirrors and head turning, are you referring to wanting the blind spot warning and lane change alert in Driver Confidence I (on the LT/base model)?

yup :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
I hate when they requite certain equipment to have other equipment which has no bearing at all on it. If they package them together, you should be able to get one package, and not the other. Also I feel like they should be offering the leather interior as a stand alone option. Why should I have to have a leather interior to be able to get the additional safety features?
All dealers do that. Maybe Tesla Motors can place an order with more specific options, since you place that order at their showrooms to buy the Model S or X. But all manufacturers package their options as GM is doing. It has to do with the assembly planification.

Or buy a supercar where you order is handbuilt as you like it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Talking about Surround Vision. I sure hope with its wide angle view helps enough to negate the rather large C pillar. The older I get the more I appreciate good visability. In all directions!
Then buy a convertible, and get rid of all the side pillars, except the "A" pillars that hold the windshield.

·
Registered
34 Posts

We’re still waiting for the Bolt EV configuration page to go live, but until then, potential buyers can take a look at the order guide for a list of features, equipment and options.

With a starting price of $40,905 plus a $875 destination charge, the Premier model is equipped with a few additional features like heated rear seats, rear camera mirror, Surround Vision with bird’s eye view, rear center armrest, side mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators, rear cargo double floor storage, and 18-inch wheels.

You can check out the full Order Guide PDF below for more information.[/B]

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Order Guide
Not sure where you got the 18-inch wheels from.............the optional wheels appear to be 17" polished with black insert.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What are "Ultra-Bright machined aluminum with painted pockets" wheels?
This is just describing the finish on the wheels. They are alloy wheels with a polished/bright finish and the recessed areas are painted. This is apposed to an entirely painted silver or black wheel or a matte/brushed metal finish.

I believe these are the wheels that are shown on the Chevy website.

·
Registered
862 Posts
This is just describing the finish on the wheels. They are alloy wheels with a polished/bright finish and the recessed areas are painted. This is apposed to an entirely painted silver or black wheel or a matte/brushed metal finish.

I believe these are the wheels that are shown on the Chevy website.
On the Volt, they are an $1,895 option/upgrade, so may actually account for a big chunk of the Premier trim cost on the Bolt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts