Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone guide me on remote start of the Bolt ( mine is a Premier, 2018) using the key fob? I have followed the user manual instructions, "press and hold lock button, then immediately press and hold the remote start button for 4 secs or until the lights respond ". The key fob is communicating with the car certainly; the lights respond to both the lock and remote start buttons. But, the car HVAC doesn't respond (the instrument panel and header unit don't boot up). I have not been able to get the Key Pass on the MyChrovelet app to work either. I am not subscribing to Onstar. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Before exiting the car (with it still running) set the HVAC to where you want it to start from when you next power up the Bolt.
In the winter, when I pull in my driveway after work I set the fan speed to 6+ and the temp to "HI" then turn off the Bolt.
The next morning I press and hold the lock button on the fob for about 4 sec... from my upstairs window I can see the amber lights under the driver side mirror flash, then I press and hold the "start" button for about four sec and again I can see the amber lights under the driver side mirror flash, then I can see the rear taillights come on. At that point I know the HVAC is running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before exiting the car (with it still running) set the HVAC to where you want it to start from when you next power up the Bolt.
In the winter, when I pull in my driveway after work I set the fan speed to 6+ and the temp to "HI" then turn off the Bolt.
The next morning I press and hold the lock button on the fob for about 4 sec... from my upstairs window I can see the amber lights under the driver side mirror flash, then I press and hold the "start" button for about four sec and again I can see the amber lights under the driver side mirror flash, then I can see the rear taillights come on. At that point I know the HVAC is running.
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts