Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The US Bolt EV order guide is LIVE! Note this guide is valid for the US only.

I've attached the link to the order guide. It was in an unusual location as GM considers this a crossover so it was located under Chevy Truck.

Click on link below. Select "Print Book" and then Select "Bolt EV"
http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2017&regionID=1&divisionID=1

I've gone through it quick. Not many surprises. DC fast charging is a stand alone option on LT and Premier models.

I tried to attach the PDF but the forum has a 19.5KB file size limit on PDF's. I have also attached the PDF document in my post on gm-volt.com.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?258881-Bolt-EV-US-order-guide-is-LIVE!&p=3618969#post3618969

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Silver Ice color does not come available in the only cloth seat interior color (apparently). Does that mean Silver Ice is only available in the Premier trim?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The other two interior colors are leather seat only? I thought base and Premier trim shares the same paint and interior colors.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I see that the only interior for the LT is Dark Galvanized/Sky Cool Gray and that selection is not available with the Silver Ice paint.

So I'm thinking Silver Ice is Premier only.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that the only interior for the LT is Dark Galvanized/Sky Cool Gray and that selection is not available with the Silver Ice paint.

So I'm thinking Silver Ice is Premier only.
Yes Silver Ice (GAN) is Premier only. All other colours are available on the LT model.

You can see this under the grill RPO code TUS. The LT model is sub note 1 and Premier is sub note two. Sub note one shows all colours available except the Silver Ice (GAN).

Also to note the Silver Ice is not available with the Dark Galvanized / Sky Cool Gray leather HO5 interior either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like the Driver Confidence Package (WPR) requires the Comfort and Convenience Package (WPU).

That seems kind of bogus. Why do I need heated seats to get blind side, lane change and rear cross-traffic alerts?

A mistake hopefully?

--Bob

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like the Driver Confidence Package (WPR) requires the Comfort and Convenience Package (WPU).

That seems kind of bogus. Why do I need heated seats to get blind side, lane change and rear cross-traffic alerts?

A mistake hopefully?

--Bob
not a mistake, chevy is just forcing you to go for the full package or nothing at all and it's a pain to make a decision. On the one hand you want blind side but at the additional cost of two packages.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's pretty disappointing. Two packages that have nothing to do with each other but require you to get both. Of course it'll work though and people will opt for it anyways.

·
Registered
60 Posts
GM wants to maximize profit / mitigate losses on this vehicle. I would imagine that at this price point they are losing a major amount of money on each vehicle. Options like heated seats and the leather wrapped steering wheel cost very little over the standard equipment and so requiring these to get other technology based options that cost more, boosts the profit margin on the sale. It will be interesting to see how GM has decided to build the early vehicles and what sets of options they are wanting to force onto people (do most have DCQC or very few). Also this system may have been put in place due to having to manufacture prior to dealers being able to order. GM may have wanted to limit the number of potential combinations that they had for the first shipments of vehicles. It is entirely possible that they could loosen the the package bundling requirements mid model year due to customer demand, but who knows.

·
Registered
862 Posts
To me, it's not a big deal. I don't consider the Comfort and Convenience package or the DCFC to be "options". Both should be standard on any BEV.

If you purchase/lease the Bolt without those features, I'm fairly certain you will regret it at some point. There are a handful of places that heated seats are not an absolute necessity, but the lack of a heat pump makes them even more important. If you ever use heat in your ICE, you'll want heated seats in your BEV.

They worked very hard to reach that magic "under $30K" number, and I guess some sacrifices were made. They included the destination charge in the LT pricing, so I have $875 to spend on options :).

I like a bunch of stuff on the Premier, but not sure it's worth the extra ~$4K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts