Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading a Jalopnik article on the Bolt and found the following picture to be kinda funny:

Wonder what the reaction would be if you debadged your Chevy Bolt and made it a Tesla Bolt. >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Does that mean I can now engage autopilot and climb into the back seat?

And all Tesla are ready for full self driving once the software is ready at the end of the 2nd Donald Trump Jr. administration..

But perhaps the best part of this upgrade would be access to an actual DC Fast charging network via the Tesla supercharging stations....since all Tesla’s can use Superchargers.

·
Registered
979 Posts
But perhaps the best part of this upgrade would be access to an actual DC Fast charging network via the Tesla supercharging stations....since all Tesla’s can use Superchargers.
I got a popup on this website offering free supercharging at Tesla's stations. Free until January 31, 2018. In case anybody wants it.

My laptop must be spitting out some bad cookies. Couple weeks ago I couldn't get rid of a Ford Expedition popup on this website, 0% financing and $thousands off. Right.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think the Bolt looks better than a Model X with that Tesla badge on. The Model X IMO is one ugly car. The Model S on the other hand is a sexy car and it will be in my garage at the end of the year. I actually prefer the older Model S with the grill.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This would be a serious case of grand farceny and dEVious turpitude. The perpetrators shall be (1) Fined $1,000.oo for the benefit of the Tesla Model Y Owners Club, (2) Have their Bolt confiscated and replaced with a Model 3 cardboard cut-out, and (3) Compelled to watch a Tesla semi charge from an L2 EVSE.
I think the highest current L2 I've seen was at a Sun Country Station advertising 80A. To I'm guessing 208VAC for commercial install, that's 208*80=16.6 kWh/hr. So swag of 800 kWh for the Tesla semi, that's 800 / 16.6 = 48.2 hrs of charging.

Doesn't sound *so* bad.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think the highest current L2 I've seen was at a Sun Country Station advertising 80A. To I'm guessing 208VAC for commercial install, that's 208*80=16.6 kWh/hr. So swag of 800 kWh for the Tesla semi, that's 800 / 16.6 = 48.2 hrs of charging.

Doesn't sound *so* bad.
Elon never said you would complete your trip in the same truck now did he. I heard it's called relay trucking. you drop your load and pickup the tractor that's been sitting there for two days recharging, thats the half hour...... awesome marketing! :p

·
Registered
770 Posts
Revenge!!

The unbridled power of marketing and social engineering;

Perhaps it's just me. but I will be totally honest here. I find myself fighting an internal conscious perception of the two photos in the thread.

I see the Tesla branded Bolt, and I feel it is more valuable than the Chevrolet branded TM3. The Bow Tie Insignia has me thinking the car is a Chevy Malibu

A car I would be subconsciously reluctant to rent given a choice.

The Tesla branded Bolt, doesn't look like a Tesla, but some new European EV. A Citroën concept car or something that's not sold here, but that is somehow enviable.

Decades of hearing that anything coming out of Detroit is undesirable at best, and chronically unreliable at worse...compared to many foreign brands still has an affect.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
A car I would be subconsciously reluctant to rent given a choice.

The Tesla branded Bolt, doesn't look like a Tesla, but some new European EV. A Citroën concept car or something that's not sold here, but that is somehow enviable.

Decades of hearing that anything coming out of Detroit is undesirable at best, and chronically unreliable at worse...compared to many foreign brands still has an affect.
We have to work on your perceptions! You wouldn't rent a new Malibu when they are actually pretty nice, but you find Citroen concept enviable ???!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Elon never said you would complete your trip in the same truck now did he. I heard it's called relay trucking. you drop your load and pickup the tractor that's been sitting there for two days recharging, thats the half hour...... awesome marketing! :p
That's just like how bus transfer work (people being the cargo in this case). Wonder if future car sharing or AV fleet will get around range issues by transferring riders/drivers between cars of the same fleet. One way of reducing the wait time for DCFC: you just hop into a waiting EV that's already fully charged while you drop off your depleted EV for the next rider/driver an hour from now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts