Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone in Florida has news on Bolt availability in the Sunshine State. I'm located in the north central area and can't get a straight answer from the dealers on when they will have Bolts for sale. There are some cars advertised online at dealers 150 to 200 miles from my home in Gainesville. Closer dealers say they were brought in from California. How important is it to have a Chevy dealer closer to home?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought one from Ca and shipped to Az. I have spoken to 3 Chevy dealers in my area and all are Bolt certified and no issues with me buying elsewhere and servicing my car. They just stated taking orders here in Az. I have read others in Fl have Bolts already maybe they can help. Good luck and it is an awesome car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Florida Update

Was told by my local dealer in Ft Myers that no word yet for his dealership, but he expects "soon".
I think October will be prime time, return of the winter season for a lot of us.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I didn't know about VoltStats until just now, so take the owner map with a big grain of salt. (Just added myself outside Orlando).

That's why I keep showing it....... :D It's a great way to keep track of the community.
The trick is getting the word out!

still showing 5 for now......

Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make that seven!

I just bought mine on Sunday and drove it down to Miami. I just registered on VoltStats as well, but only show up as a black marker for now. No data yet.

Charlie

·
Registered
18 Posts
hodad66,

I was just there (Maher Chevy in St. Petersburg) this weekend but was unable to get a lease because they couldn't give me a lease that factored in the FTC, making the lease more expensive than it should be ($530/month instead of $340/month)

I ended up buying mine. At least this way I can get the tax credit (hopefully) next year.

You mentioned you were able to secure a lease. Without prying, was the FTC accounted for in your deal?

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
735 Posts
hodad66,

I was just there (Maher Chevy in St. Petersburg) this weekend but was unable to get a lease because they couldn't give me a lease that factored in the FTC, making the lease more expensive than it should be ($530/month instead of $340/month)

I ended up buying mine. At least this way I can get the tax credit (hopefully) next year.

You mentioned you were able to secure a lease. Without prying, was the FTC accounted for in your deal?

Thanks,
Charlie
Doesn't seem like there's much slowing down of giving out credits at this rate so you should be good till then. Even on a larger scale we can see lots of talks around carbon issues, so with that they need pushes and incentives like this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The problem specifically with the lease is that if the FTC isn't factored into the lease price, you're going to spend alot more money on the lease. I wasn't worried about the FTC running out, I just wanted to pay $339/month like it said on the Chevy website, not $559/month.

I did speak with a local dealership, and they explained that what they think happened in this case is that the Bolt release in Florida actually was May/June, and now they're looking more at June/July. The dealerships that have them got them before the official release. Why does this matter? Because the lease offers, I think, need to be in their system for the finance guys to select when you're leasing the car as an "offer". Apparently that offer isn't in their system for Florida dealers yet. That should change once they are available at "every" Chevy dealer in Florida.

If you buy the new car, you get the credit. However, you still have to pay full price up front. If you finance, that means your payment is based on a $40k car, not a $32.5k car. Even if next year you take that full amount and pay down the principal of your loan, all you do is knock off payments from the end of your deal. Your payment remains that of one for a $40k car.

If you lease the car, the finance company gets the credit. Normally, they factor this in to the "starting price" and "residual value" of the vehicle. This is why your lease payments are so much lower (generally speaking) for leasing an electric car. Another added bonus is that if you don't qualify for the full FTC for whatever reason, you can still get $7500 off the price of the car if you lease it for 3 years, then buy it out when your lease is up. The residual value of the car should reflect the FTC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I already have one leased from

Robert Poole
Maher Chevrolet
2901 34th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
(727) 323-5000 x5130
(727) 641-1340
www.maherchevrolet.com

give him a call!! Love mine!!

Thanks! I just checked their site and they have 13 available! The dealer here in Clermont has 1 and doesn't have plans on getting more. What?!?! I test drove it and absolutely loved it but it wasn't a color I wanted. I will contact Maher Chevrolet after Hurricane Irma is out of/away from the state. I know you are on the Space Coast so stay safe.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Not much damage here, just shrubbery & screens...... Went to Kissimmee for the storm
and it seemed to follow us there..... ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts