Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
to fix creaking noises after 40K, maybe due to warmer summer weather, my GM dealer replaced the left front strut assembly and transferred spring; however, they then noticed clunking noises, and replaced both front sway bar links, which removed the noises. this whole operation also required them to access a bolt which happened to be under the windshield wiper motor assembly, which they had to crowbar out and damaged (along with the windshield), so they replaced the windshield and the wiper motor assembly (which had been recalled last year and replaced). dealer service rep comments included: creaking noise likely from the ball bearings of the strut assembly but not a safety issue; dealer has little experience with this model (Bolt 17) and therefore they have much to learn. GM provides no training or reference material? Zero cost to me, but not sure if this is due to my 48/120 Protection Plan ($100 deductible not applied in this case) or manufacturing defects. Courtesy rental was not ZEV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Years ago I had a really annoying creak from the rear (Subaru Legacy) that the dealership refused to diagnose or fix. It was only when the rear suspension was being compressed slowly, like pulled out of a driveway, as apposed to hitting a bump in the road.

Anyway, I discovered it was the 2 bushings on the rear anti-sway bar. They are basically just thick rubber pieces that wrap around a metal bar. So I just glopped a ton a heavy duty axle grease all over them and it fixed the creaking. 🤷‍♂️

81 - 82 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
37 Participants
Riderice
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing