Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have got my Bolt on July 1st and I hated the stock sound system as it just sucks. So I decided that stock stuff has to go.

So I am replacing the stocks speakers with Hertz audio Energy series ESK165L.5 and ECX 165.5 with Audison bit ten. For the subwoofer, I went with JL Audio Powerwedge TW1-2. The amp that I am using is DSL CA51.

Everything is getting installed as I type. More pictures to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.
I would like to do this also but am curios about installation.
Are you adding a stereo or using the existing head unit?
Is there a sub output on the stock unit and is your new sub powered?
I will want to install myself so just wondering how hard it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sub and everything is powered by the amp. I don't think there is a sub input on the stock deck.

I am not doing the install. With car being so new and an EV I am leaving to the professionals. I was talking to Audio shop owner and he told me the car is a ***** to work on since there is no guides on writing and everything is stuffed in really tight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I understand how now.
Where are they putting your amp and sub?
In the floor recess or seat back?
The amp is going in foam piece under the carpet and the subwoofer hopefully will fit under the false floor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know where I can get access to service manual? I don't mind paying for access, I have a premier model with the bose and wanted to see if there was a Digital SPIF out from the display to the bose amp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have same one and did not get an electronic version. You can get access from the Mychevrolet app. I looked for you and didnt see anything mentioned about outputs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are more photos of everything. Everything is nice and neat. The sub fits under the false front. So I have experience and decrease in range, but I had only everything installed for a couple hours. The sound is 100x's better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have got my Bolt on July 1st and I hated the stock sound system as it just sucks. So I decided that stock stuff has to go.

So I am replacing the stocks speakers with Hertz audio Energy series ESK165L.5 and ECX 165.5 with Audison bit ten. For the subwoofer, I went with JL Audio Powerwedge TW1-2. The amp that I am using is DSL CA51.

Congratulations on the new Bolt and the new sound system! My Bolt (when it arrives) has the "JSA-Infotainment Package". Is this a stock unit for all Bolts and the same as the one you are replacing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on the new Bolt and the new sound system! My Bolt (when it arrives) has the "JSA-Infotainment Package". Is this a stock unit for all Bolts and the same as the one you are replacing?
I didn't replace the headunit. I add an Audison sound processor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here are more photos of everything. Everything is nice and neat. The sub fits under the false front. So I have experience and decrease in range, but I had only everything installed for a couple hours. The sound is 100x's better than stock.
Nice !

Is that setup very expensive?

I'm asking because my Bolt EV LT should arrive in about a month and I'm quite sure that I will not be happy with the stock sound system... A sound processor with better speakers and a sub seems to be a good way to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks 1Kleanbolt. So the Audison is the same for both levels of the Bolt? If so I may have to follow suit as I really need a good sound system in my vehicle :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much did all that cost?

Is there anything you would do differently if you had it to do over again?
I love my sound system and I wouldn't do anything differently. The only thing is GM is touchy about you installing a amp and sub because you are modifiying the car. They will try to blame the amp and sub for any problem.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Hi Kleanbolt. Curious , very curious as to how the sound system and particularly the audison processing box is holding up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Any chance that I could have the OEM drivers out of your vehicle? I would love to measure them, and see what difference there is between the ones you put in and the OEM drivers.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hi Kleanbolt. Curious , very curious as to how the sound system and particularly the audison processing box is holding up?

The system is great no issues with it or the car.
Thanks I got the "audio bug" due to limitations of current stereo+being bored+ saving a lot of money on fuel... I also already had some speakers and amps that never got installed because I wrecked my Olds Alero. I went with a rockford Fostgate DSR 1 instead of Audison. Looks like another thread is in order.
PS I just got it today and enjoy tweaking sound settings on a tablet through Bluetooth! That is something awesome and definitely meets up with how I thought it might work out. I've Yet to install anything in the bolt just Yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any chance you know which colour cables from the head unit equate to which speakers? I'm thinking of putting in an active crossover.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts