Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have got my Bolt on July 1st and I hated the stock sound system as it just sucks. So I decided that stock stuff has to go.

So I am replacing the stocks speakers with Hertz audio Energy series ESK165L.5 and ECX 165.5 with Audison bit ten. For the subwoofer, I went with JL Audio Powerwedge TW1-2. The amp that I am using is DSL CA51.

Everything is getting installed as I type. More pictures to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.
I would like to do this also but am curios about installation.
Are you adding a stereo or using the existing head unit?
Is there a sub output on the stock unit and is your new sub powered?
I will want to install myself so just wondering how hard it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sub and everything is powered by the amp. I don't think there is a sub input on the stock deck.

I am not doing the install. With car being so new and an EV I am leaving to the professionals. I was talking to Audio shop owner and he told me the car is a ***** to work on since there is no guides on writing and everything is stuffed in really tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know where I can get access to service manual? I don't mind paying for access, I have a premier model with the bose and wanted to see if there was a Digital SPIF out from the display to the bose amp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have same one and did not get an electronic version. You can get access from the Mychevrolet app. I looked for you and didnt see anything mentioned about outputs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are more photos of everything. Everything is nice and neat. The sub fits under the false front. So I have experience and decrease in range, but I had only everything installed for a couple hours. The sound is 100x's better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have got my Bolt on July 1st and I hated the stock sound system as it just sucks. So I decided that stock stuff has to go.

So I am replacing the stocks speakers with Hertz audio Energy series ESK165L.5 and ECX 165.5 with Audison bit ten. For the subwoofer, I went with JL Audio Powerwedge TW1-2. The amp that I am using is DSL CA51.

Congratulations on the new Bolt and the new sound system! My Bolt (when it arrives) has the "JSA-Infotainment Package". Is this a stock unit for all Bolts and the same as the one you are replacing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here are more photos of everything. Everything is nice and neat. The sub fits under the false front. So I have experience and decrease in range, but I had only everything installed for a couple hours. The sound is 100x's better than stock.
Nice !

Is that setup very expensive?

I'm asking because my Bolt EV LT should arrive in about a month and I'm quite sure that I will not be happy with the stock sound system... A sound processor with better speakers and a sub seems to be a good way to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much did all that cost?

Is there anything you would do differently if you had it to do over again?
I love my sound system and I wouldn't do anything differently. The only thing is GM is touchy about you installing a amp and sub because you are modifiying the car. They will try to blame the amp and sub for any problem.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Hi Kleanbolt. Curious , very curious as to how the sound system and particularly the audison processing box is holding up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Any chance that I could have the OEM drivers out of your vehicle? I would love to measure them, and see what difference there is between the ones you put in and the OEM drivers.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hi Kleanbolt. Curious , very curious as to how the sound system and particularly the audison processing box is holding up?

The system is great no issues with it or the car.
Thanks I got the "audio bug" due to limitations of current stereo+being bored+ saving a lot of money on fuel... I also already had some speakers and amps that never got installed because I wrecked my Olds Alero. I went with a rockford Fostgate DSR 1 instead of Audison. Looks like another thread is in order.
PS I just got it today and enjoy tweaking sound settings on a tablet through Bluetooth! That is something awesome and definitely meets up with how I thought it might work out. I've Yet to install anything in the bolt just Yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.