Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bolt doesn't reset the screen with the energy used, distance traveled since last full charge. I tried to reset the system using the home button and forward button combination. That did not work. I have the latest firmware. This was working until recently.

Anyone else see this?

Baron

·
Registered
121 Posts
My bolt doesn't reset the screen with the energy used, distance traveled since last full charge. I tried to reset the system using the home button and forward button combination. That did not work. I have the latest firmware. This was working until recently.

Anyone else see this?

Baron
There's some time when the battery says its charge is "Full" but it continues to draw power I assume for conditioning etc. If I unplug during this time, even though the battery reports as full in the car and in the app, the settings do not reset. I have to leave it until the conditioning is completely done for it to reset.

Could this explain what you're seeing?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it set to charge by 6:30 am. The power company shuts off the power at 7 so you maybe right. I will set it to charge immediately tonight so that it has plenty of time to charge.

As a note I use hill top and it would reset the stats with that too. Not anymore.

However, I thought the 8 inch screen said fully charged the other day. I will take some pictures.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have noticed this also. Still trying different combos of "charge ending". Does anyone charge to "complete" with their 240 volt EVSE, then switch to the 110 volt supplied cord to "nudge a few more electrons" into the batteries? Does it work? Maybe when 240v says "complete" it does not mean "full"...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Happened to me using a free Level 2 charger at the AMC in Emeryville last week. At home, where I charge it to hill top mode, it always gets it right. Maybe at Emerville the conditioning wasn't completed.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'll add some observations to this old thread. It seems relevant, and thus did not warrant a new one.

- Bolt will say that the charge is full if the displayed battery level hits 100%. This would be the case if the SoC value is at or above 95.29%.

- Charging will continue even if the displayed level is at 100%. SoC value will continue to rise, to somewhere between 96 and 97%, until the vehicle terminates the session on its own and resets the "Since Last Full Charge" statistics. I have observed values of 96.08%, 96.47%, and 96.86% on different occasions when this happened.

- If the charging session is terminated by the charger or the user, then the statistics will not reset even if the SoC value is at or above 95.29% (i.e. displayed battery value is 100%). I've manually terminated the session at 96.47% SoC and yet the statistics did not reset.

- Given the fact that the statistics will reset even when the hilltop reserve is enabled, the resetting occurs as a part of the routine where the vehicle terminates the charging session on its own after deciding that it does not need to charge further. The level of charge by itself has no effect.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll add some observations to this old thread. It seems relevant, and thus did not warrant a new one.

- Given the fact that the statistics will reset even when the hilltop reserve is enabled, the resetting occurs as a part of the routine where the vehicle terminates the charging session on its own after deciding that it does not need to charge further. The level of charge by itself has no effect.
"the vehicle terminates the charging session" - I believe this is the key to the reset. I charge to 90% (2019 Bolt) and it always show charging complete and resets the display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts